Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Glenview or Mount Prospect?
Glenview 26 78.79%
Mount Prospect 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:12 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,251,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST29 View Post
Ok, then let me rephrase, most ppl look grumpier and don't smile as much. Maybe I should say that they're not as friendly as folks in other parts. Fair enough?

Keep in mind that I'm talking about the general feel here, not isolated incidents. I'm sure you can run into a super down to earth human living in a mansion in Winnetka just as much as meeting the snobby cashier that works in a Jewel in Mount Prospect as the fella above mentioned.
You are repeating the same tired, anecdotal crap line of reasoning. The people living ‘east of waukegan’ in Glenview probably now have every right to size you up LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 07:06 PM

77 posts, read 52,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
You are repeating the same tired, anecdotal crap line of reasoning. The people living ‘east of waukegan’ in Glenview probably now have every right to size you up LOL.
You're repeating the same ridiculing nonsense. My opinion must have struck a nerve with you, ohh well.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
You're repeating the same ridiculing nonsense. My opinion must have struck a nerve with you, ohh well.
What’s ridiculous is your goofy story that the folks in east glenview behave any differently than their neighbors just to the west. You have some strange chip on your shoulder.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:41 PM

77 posts, read 52,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
What’s ridiculous is your goofy story that the folks in east glenview behave any differently than their neighbors just to the west. You have some strange chip on your shoulder.
This seems to really bother you, I don't mean to offend, it was simply an observation based on my personal experience.

Chip on my shoulder or whatever, I'm done going in circles. Good day to you.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:10 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
I just want to say that I patronize a few small businesses in East Glenview on a weekly basis. Two are owned by Glenview residents. I also know someone who lives in the area (grew up in Winnetka) and works as a real estate broker. I can't say I notice any difference between people living and working in East Glenview over anywhere else. Everyone that I have encountered seems to be pleasant.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:33 AM

207 posts, read 213,837 times
Glenview -- though I feel like this is comparing apples and oranges. Both towns are fine but the vibes are completely different, IMO.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 PM

25 posts, read 26,514 times
Quote:
Hilarious or not, it's my personal experience. You can take it for what it is or leave it as is.
Seems about right for me too. Also, depending on your income level, most likely your kid will be considered one of the poor ones in Glenbrook South. I've had friends in both GBN and GBS and that's the vibe I got . In Mount Prospect, your kid might be able to fit in better.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:22 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalist View Post
Seems about right for me too. Also, depending on your income level, most likely your kid will be considered one of the poor ones in Glenbrook South. I've had friends in both GBN and GBS and that's the vibe I got . In Mount Prospect, your kid might be able to fit in better.
Heaven forbid that someone else's family have more money than you...

What will we tell the children?

Old 02-27-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalist View Post
Another person with a chip on their shoulder in this thread LOL. When does it die a natural death?

Old 03-02-2019, 01:51 PM

1,201 posts, read 617,736 times
I grew up in Glenview. GBS, you in my day, had a fairly forgiving school culture. As long as you understood some universal rules, no one was really ostracized. There were a couple of groups who tended to not mix well with the larger community. GBN had a reputation for being more snobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs