Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times

Advertisements

If the zillow thing wouldn't work, I would give what ever low-ball offer your dad/agent would suggest. all they can do is counter! If you know she is desperate, and is asking 318, I would go 250 and see what happens! It never hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 03:09 PM

72 posts, read 262,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
If the home had gold trimed faucets, Waterford chandeliers, perfectly manacured lawn, etc. then MAYBE $300K to even $350K, but for a beat up sided home? COME ON! On top of it all... IN THIS MARKET? What crack is she smoking over there to ask over $300K in the first place? I want some.

I would settle for any faucets that didnt have those plastic crystal balls on them! I will re-do all the light fixtures anyways but it has those standard builder lights (gold of course) and eeek fake gold door handles. Not even roll vinyl but the peel and stick squares in GASPPP BLUE! Like I said this is not my dream house, but our BFF's live next door and my husband works there. So it is nice that our kids would grow up in that subdivison (willow walk) in Lockport. I just dont want to pay over 300 for somethingsmaller and WAY more unmatched to my home now. But you know what they say LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! hahaha

Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
Those are some REALLY cheap elements to the house. I wouldn't offer a dime over 265k. She'll be lucky if she gets that from anyone else, and it looks like she may well be in a now or never situation. She'll still leave with a bit of money in her pocket and you'll have gotten a good deal. Sounds like the best case scenario for both of you.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM

Yea,I just hope they didnt do a refi cash out last year and owe 290-320 on it! I know how that goes other wise I could list my house WAY lower than it is and be there already. But I learned my lesson! Then maybe the bank will allow her to do a short sale? I think given the circumstances I may offer 265, she can come back at prolly 305 and then I can say last chance 275....I can always buy the 17 houses on the next street for sale right?!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,014 times
My thought is to go as low as you can-- whatever that may be. Don't worry about being insulting at this point.. if its way to low and she's disgusted then she'll counter offer if she really wants out. Id say around 270 would be a good start, but thats me. What do you care what she thinks anyway, its money in your pocket. If she needs to get out, she'll work with you..

Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 AM

i dont care what she thinks I just want her to know WHY my offer is so low, b/c she may not realize that her home is not worthy of top dollar....can my Realtor tell her we are offering 260 b/c of the lack of upgrades, poor care of landscape, cheap appliances??? I want her to see WHY we are offering her what we are so she sees it is a good deal! heheheh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs