Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 PM

5 posts, read 21,149 times

Advertisements

So my gf is looking to possibly relocate to the southwest suburbs, with Bolingbrook being the main location she would like. We've looked at the following areas: Joliet, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Lockport, Westmont, etc...

Now Ive lived in the area in two places, Riverstone (formerly Amberton) which is a dump, and Remington, which is way to expensive for what she's looking for..

But there are a few problems:

1.) Almost all of the places that we look at have HORRIBLE reviews, I get that someone is more likely to leave a negative review then a positive, but this is crazy. Most of them complain about be section-8ish, having bug infestation problems, and overall a ****ty living experience.

2.) Unless we're not looking hard enough the options in Romeoville and Bolingbrook are EXTREMELY limited.. These two locations would be perfect though.

If anyone has any suggestions of a place please let me know..

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 05:33 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,966,371 times
Most bigger complexes are going to have the same issues -- the places like that are not all the well manageed.

Sometimes it makes sense to put a little more upfront effort into finding a smaller building that is not as heavily advertised. Situations like a duplex where the owner lives on-site have a greater chance of being tidier...

Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM

14 posts, read 14,318 times
What is your budget? My landlord has several houses here in rich ton park - I am actually getting ready to move to conn and this 3bdr 1bth with attached garage is 1300/mo. Is a 5 minute walk to the metra, with grocery and food etc close by. Is mostly single family homes and have been here for 6months without issue.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:27 AM

181 posts, read 454,081 times
Nuke Dukem, my husband and I had the exact same problem your GF is having. We were going to make a job relocation to Grundy County but have since decided not to make the move. In Romeoville we called Highpoint Apartments, even a 1 bedroom was like $1100. Lady told me apartments are now priced according to demand, this started with the crash of the economy.

I used this site, Joliet local Herald-Suntimes paper to find apartments Search Chicago Homes
I found some nice 4 unit buildings owned by people who live close to their buildings, a few were in Plainfield which is a nice town. Prices ranged from $750-$1000, some with 2 bedrooms. I also used Craigslist, found a nice one on there also.

We were also surprised at the lack of good, decently priced apartments in the SW burbs. Hope this helps, good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs