Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 9,882 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I need to move out of my parents house pronto. I have really bad credit and I've already been denied by one complex. Does ANYONE know of an apartment complex in Schaumburg or Rolling Meadows that either doesn't do a credit check or works with people with bad credit without requiring a co-signer (no one will co-sign for me)? I can put a couple of months rent down and I have a good job and am very reliable, but because of my past mistakes, I'm having a hell of a time finding a place. All I'm looking for is a decent one bedroom apartment in a safe neighborhood with a reasonable price. I didn't think it would be this hard but it really is.

PLEASE keep in mind that I don't need a lecture on being responsible with credit because I've had a million of those and I know I messed up but I need a second chance. If you know of any websites or services I could contact, that would be awesome, because I need help finding an apartment. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you!

~Andres
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 09:43 AM

70 posts, read 210,201 times
I'd try renting from a private person. Complex's have rules they have to follow, because the management group requires them to do so.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:32 AM

95 posts, read 325,422 times
Exactly, private owner is the way. Even check out condo's for rent from private owners, not just apartments. All of the large management companies will deny you, so don't waste your time.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
I agree that going through a private owner is the way to go and, hopefully, you will meet someone with a little compassion and understanding. I can empathize with you. I've had my share of financial and credit problems in the past, but that doesn't make me a bad or irresponsible person. Some of us DO learn from our mistakes, but it seems like we pay for them far longer than it took to make them to begin with, doesn't it?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM

73 posts, read 201,530 times
I agree find a private place, or share a room. I ahd to go through a credit check, but my roommate didnt.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,465 times
Default Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by theindiecity View Post
Okay, so I need to move out of my parents house pronto. I have really bad credit and I've already been denied by one complex. Does ANYONE know of an apartment complex in Schaumburg or Rolling Meadows that either doesn't do a credit check or works with people with bad credit without requiring a co-signer (no one will co-sign for me)? I can put a couple of months rent down and I have a good job and am very reliable, but because of my past mistakes, I'm having a hell of a time finding a place. All I'm looking for is a decent one bedroom apartment in a safe neighborhood with a reasonable price. I didn't think it would be this hard but it really is.

PLEASE keep in mind that I don't need a lecture on being responsible with credit because I've had a million of those and I know I messed up but I need a second chance. If you know of any websites or services I could contact, that would be awesome, because I need help finding an apartment. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you!

~Andres
I'm going through the same thing and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to go to Harper College up there and move asap. It just seem like credit is getting in my way. Ima pray for you and please pray for me because I really want to find an apartment down there. If you need to talk email me back [EMAIL="littlemama.hayes3@gmail.com"]littlemama.hayes3@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 AM

27 posts, read 121,480 times
I am not sure whether this forum allows external links, but I would go look at certain persons lists and find a roommate wanted ad. Stay there for may be a year or so and work on building credit history before getting a place on your own. That's my $0.02.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs