Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 AM

16 posts, read 189,044 times

Advertisements

pictures are awesome...nice job

Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarspell View Post
pictures are awesome...nice job
Thanks! Hope they were helpful.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 PM

Woods of Cantigny in Winfield:

Warrenville homes:

New Warrenville apartments:

West Chicago skatepark:

West Chicago hilltop home:

Turbo BMW M3. Sweeeeeet. hehe

The future is here?

Ok, last car shot of the day I promise. Who can resist a Porsche rear end???
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee208/illinoisnative/randomPorscheCarrera.jpg (broken link)

Prestonfield in West Chicago... the town is cleaning up.

Portillos in St. Charles:

The Porsche building in Lisle:

Part of downtown Glen Ellyn:

Talk about cookie cutters! In Wheaton no less! Shame on them.

Newer West Chicago townhomes:

New West Chicago strip mall with nice Italian restaurant:

More downtown Glen Ellyn:

Horses in West Chicago:

Nearing downtown Glen Ellyn:

Harvest Restaurant in Pheasant Run Resort (STC):

Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Approaching Glen Ellyn:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee208/illinoisnative/GlenEllynstyle.jpg (broken link)

Some striking homes in the downtown Glen Ellyn area:

Some quick downtown Glen Ellyn pics:

Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Some from the Lisle area:

Some nice West Chicago neighborhoods:

Typical West Chicago neighborhood:

Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,006 times
Wow! I had no idea Illinois had such beautiful areas...not to mention hills too.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
Wow! I had no idea Illinois had such beautiful areas...not to mention hills too.
Thanks. Most of the state is flat as a board, but there are pockets of rolling terrain here and there which breaks things up. Definitely no mountains here like Northern Georgia, thats for sure!

If you want to see some pics of the state, and not just the suburbs, I have a IL photo thread on the main IL board if youre interested. Places in the south, mid and NW corners are much hillier than the Chicagoland area.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,006 times
Thank you, ill check them out~

Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 AM

75 posts, read 386,312 times
Thank You Steve-o! We actually went to Glen Ellyn on Friday and stayed in Lombard until Sunday. We toured a few homes in our price range and the new construction there is very nice. We were very surprised by 785 Hill. It is such an affordable price for something that would cost probably 2 or 3 times that in a North Shore suburb. The area around Glenbard West High School and Lake Ellyn was absolutely gorgeous. My wife said she could not believe they would build a castle for their children to go to school in. We are looking for a new home around Lake Ellyn but they seem hard to come buy for under $2,000,000. I have looked at the high school and the test scores do worry me, especially coming from the New Trier High School district. Glenbard West has many of the programs that New Trier and the other top schools have. I am just worried about core academics. We also went to Hinsdale and Western Springs. Western Springs does have a lot of new construction and many of them are like brick-boxes, which I hate. There are some that are nicer but they do use large footprints. Hinsdale has this gorgeous area around County Line Road. The other parts of Hinsdale are very reminiscent of west Winnetka except the houses are so close together. What are the lot standards in Hinsdale? I also am concerned that there is industrial freight trains on the same train line that is the Hinsdale Metra. I have never seen that on the North Shore. Housing in the western suburbs is more affordable than the northern suburbs but I still feel that it is overpriced because they don't have as much of the desirability factor. Do the houses in the western suburbs still fetch full price or more like here on the North Shore? I also went to Wheaton. We explored downtown and the area near the Billy Graham center. The homes seem to be a little run down. There was new construction next to very very dilapidated homes. The downtown also looked like it was struggling aside from all the new condo projects. I found that Wheaton is also a bit cheaper than the rest of the nearby suburbs.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:46 AM

I wouldnt call downtown Wheaton "struggling" at all. In fact, its doing very well, with several new restaurants and diners there, as well as wine bars, etc. They have awesome car shows there every Friday night from May until November I believe, which is alot of fun. As for the homes near the Billy Graham Center, they are indeed older brick homes. I havent seen any "delapidated" ones though? Anyways, that part of town is very old and inhabited by many college students. Areas to the immediate north, west and NW of the Billy Graham Center are gorgeous and very desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs