Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:03 AM

9 posts, read 35,077 times

Advertisements

What are your opinions on Coal City and Diamond areas?
DH says they are real nice and a little less expensive than Channahon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 28,624 times
Thumbs up Channonhon IL.

I live less than 10 miles s.w. of there and there are old and new houses up for sale It is a nice family community I have gone there for yard sales and people are nice, The area is sort of country village type area. If I had the money and health I would buy there. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassi View Post
Hi,
Right now my DH, DD and I live in the Dallas, TX area. My DH was just offered a promotion and transfer to Channahon, IL. So now I'm searching! Don't you hate moving?! LOL

I'll give you some info about me and what we're looking for and maybe someone can help me out.

We are a middle class (?) white family with a cat ...
DD is in high school, involved in dance, choir and sign language as some of her courses ...
DH doesn't want to have to drive more than 15 minutes to get to work ...
We need at least a 3 bedroom (4 would be nice), 2 bath home to RENT or lease ...
We can't afford to pay more than $1800 a month and that's stretching it ...
A fenced in back yard would be nice ...
A neighborhood with some good kids in it (younger & older - so DD can make friends and babysitting jobs) ...
We are not racist people, but don't want to be the minority of any group ... a nice mix would be fine ...

Do most houses have basements? Are most places heated by electric or gas? What is Channahon like? Is it family friendly? Growing? Affordable? Have rentals?

Any help anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and offering any thoughts or advice you think would be helpful.

Is there anything else I can add that would be helpful? I'm feeling at a loss right now ... this all came up kind of suddenly!

Thanks again!

Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 35,077 times
Thank you all for your input!
We have finally settled in Morris ... it's real nice and very friendly and DD loves the high school.

Thank you!

God bless,
Cassi <><

Old 02-05-2007, 01:35 PM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,619,309 times
welcome to the area--one of my favorite things to do in Illinois is right in your backyard, the Illinois & Michigan Canal Trail. It starts a little east of I-55 and runs all the way to the LaSalle-Peru area. If you bike more than a mile or two out of any of the towns you'll have the trail basically to yourself. Very peaceful, easy riding. West of Channahon is a real nice stretch for about 7 miles, I also like the stretch from Ottawa to La Salle. Good ice cream in Utica.

Of course, this is all assuming the weather warms up again. It's darn cold even by my standards the last few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs