Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 PM

720 posts, read 3,008,982 times

Advertisements

I asked a question about four lakes a few weeks ago but had one more. I recently overheard someone talking about four lakes and saying they did something tehy said they never did and allowed section 8 in there.

I was wondering if there's an entire building devoted to section 8 or if it's just condo owners renting out their units to section 8. Are tehre any areas within 4 lakes to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 PM

7,159 posts, read 4,752,406 times
I've never heard of section 8 in Four Lakes. It's an area that has rents of 1000 or so, and if you can find section 8 in there, then it's probably unusual. I know someone who lives there and is astonished about a section 8 program, saying that's highly unlikely. But he could be wrong. I'm just sayin.

best,
toodie

Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,824,310 times
I've noticed you posting "how's this complex/area?" over and over on this forum. You really need to check out the places you are interested in, in person to get a real evaluation. No one can tell you what's right but yourself

Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 PM

720 posts, read 3,008,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I've noticed you posting "how's this complex/area?" over and over on this forum. You really need to check out the places you are interested in, in person to get a real evaluation. No one can tell you what's right but yourself
I asked one maybe two questions about the complex before. If you dont have anything helpful to offer dont respond. I posted the question prior so I know I posted I dont need you to tell me.

Also, I have driven through there and have also gone to the bar in there. Driving through a place only lets you learn so much about an area. Driving through tells me nothing about how the condo associations are run, if there's section 8, etc, etc, etc.

These boards are meant for asking questions, can't stand when people respond with answers like yours that dont help anyone.

I have driven through and have tried to google search four lakes condos and look for other forums and threads but the only info you can find about four lakes is in regardsd to the towers apartments

Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Most folk would be very surprised to know that those with Section 8 benefits live amongst them.

I am not aware of any condo association that bans people who use Section 8 vouchers to subsidize their rent paid to a condo owner. The source of rent is not an association's business.

I do not know how most condo associations would know the rent payment structure between a unit owner and a renter.

In a leasing situation, renters have to follow the same rules as unit owners. The unit owner is held responsible for the renter's compliance.

I am aware that some condo associations do not allow unit owners to lease their units or regulate how many units can be rented and terms of the lease.

I am also aware that some condo association require all renters to submit to a credit check and meet a minimum standard.

To legally ban children, condo associations must file for and qualify as "housing for older persons" under county and federal laws, and prove that at least 80 percent of the units have one or more residents 55 or older.

Speaking of those 55 or older, be aware that a substantial percentage of Section 8 beneficiaries are seniors and/or disabled persons with limited fixed incomes. The front end of the baby boom turns 65 in 2011.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,307 times
Talking Take my advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
I asked one maybe two questions about the complex before. If you dont have anything helpful to offer dont respond. I posted the question prior so I know I posted I dont need you to tell me.

Also, I have driven through there and have also gone to the bar in there. Driving through a place only lets you learn so much about an area. Driving through tells me nothing about how the condo associations are run, if there's section 8, etc, etc, etc.

These boards are meant for asking questions, can't stand when people respond with answers like yours that dont help anyone.

I have driven through and have tried to google search four lakes condos and look for other forums and threads but the only info you can find about four lakes is in regardsd to the towers apartments
I believe Jamaica was only trying to give Tempe some good advice. You should never make a major decision based on what someone tells you. Esp. if you don't know them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs