Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:36 PM

720 posts, read 3,006,390 times

Advertisements

Looking for some info on Four Lakes in Lisle. Wondering what the neighborhood is like as a whole but also if I'm not mistaken its kind of broken up into different types of buildings, diff areas, etc. What are the diff areas and what is your take on each one?

Any info you can provide would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 05:25 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
The place is huge, pretty much it's own city in itself. It even has it's own bar, white hen, and other stores. It's own hill with skilift for skiing/snowboarding in the winter, it's mostly a 20something party complex, but not entirely.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM

I've been to The Lodge, the bar in Four Lakes before and your right about the complex being HUGE, we used to get lost trying to find the bar and trying to leave.

Aside from being at the bar I don't really know too much about the complex.

I've heard in the past few years certain parts are kinda ghetto. Also heard a lot of crime, I imagine petty stuff like car breakins but still not good.

I know there's townhomes as well as a high rise apt building and also some diff condo areas. Anyone know what the diff between the diff condos are? I know there's so much on the market I've heard it can be hard to sell, anyone tried to sell one of these units? How high are the association fees? I wanna say I remember seeing on a real estate listing between 200-300 which doesnt seem bad for all the amenities you get.

Also, a question about condo living in general. I like being able to do what I want. I've read you need to get approval if you want anything besides wall to wall carpet as flooring and other restrictions like that.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
It's not ghetto, but there is a bit of drug activity and some dumb stuff going on from the drunken ex fratboys for the most part. I've never heard of any break-ins, maybe on cars but they have garages to rent/buy. I've been in a few units and all were quite nice. For up to date restrictions i've give them a call directly.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 PM

Drove through 4 lakes to check it out today, that is a super confusing area, i made the same circle like 4 times before I found my way out lol.

Came home and was looking for reviews, couldnt find much about condos but here's some things people said about apartments.

are the condos as bad as the apt?

Live here if you like dog poop, spiders, & bad neighbors who break into your apartment

so one day it was really hot and i decidied to take a dip in the lovely pool that this place had, i walk up and i find this fat ---- jerking off in the pool and i said what are you doing and he said nothing and continued touching himself. i was disgusted so i told the managers and they told me that i don't have to swim in the pool if i don't want to. i left right after tha

We had a car cover stolen out of the "secure" garage. We also had the pleasure of smelling weed every time we walked through our hall ways

if you live at the "towers" in Four Lakes, and you consider yourself a normal, nice, non-drug addict, please do not rent here or you will be sorry. Vomit/urine in the halls, beer, drug addicts knock on your door trying to sell magazine subscriptions *(how they actually got into the building is the scary part), bass 24/7, pot smoke, fire alarms, fireworks, screeching tires *(at 3 am), graffiti, burglary, rape, etc

Have a motorcycle' Not for long! Pay careful attention to the disclaimers they have hanging on the wall as you drive into the "secure" parking garage. Again, check the local paper. Motorcycles have been regularly stolen from the garage. Cars (including mine) have been broken into. I know of several occasions during my one year prison lease of such criminal activity. If they don't want whatever is inside, they will take the rims instead like I witnessed there as well.

Many, many occasions I have had people attempt to gain access to my apartment, some of which were 4 Lakes staff, 4 Lakes sales people (those who cannot differentiate between apartment numbers and floors), and other complete strangers. One time I had a police officer knocking on the door looking for a tenant in the other building with the same apartment number. They were looking to take them into custody. Yep, good quality people here.

One man drove his friend and himself into the creek that runs along the property that separates 4 Lakes from the golf course after having one to many to drink and wanted to kill him over some argument. A wrecker had to be called in to remove the vehicle from the water.

If you like fire alarms, this is the place! The average is about 1 per month. These alarms are usually blaring in the very early morning hours such as 1-3AM. (Many occurring weekends, but sometimes weekdays as well).

Ride at your own risk!! The people are nosey and weird. I had a dude jump on my car the other night when I was pulling into the garage. I guess he was drunk

Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 AM

438 posts, read 1,698,985 times
^^
Looks like you have your answer...why even bother looking at the condos?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:58 AM

Seems like most of the problems are actually in the towers apartments. I read one or two reviews that said renting a condo from a private owner would be better.

I just assumed since in a condo people actually own their units people would be a little older, a little more responsible, would take care of the place, etc.

4 Lakes is HUGE, some of the condos are really far from the towers apartments

Just curious if anyone has owned one of the condos or maybe know someone who has. Wondered if they enjoyud living there, if they had any problems, how bad it was trying to sell a place in there b/c of the sheet volume of places.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,809 times
Default Objective assessment

All posts about four Lakes were super old so I decided to add my input. And Jamaicabound's post strikes me as someone with a grudge -- for what reason, who knows.

This area of Lisle is an unincorporated 300 acre Audubon-certified sanctuary with a few hundred condo units among winding roads, varying topography, and tree coverage that varies between lightly wooded to heavily forested. There are generally two sides to this community -- the party side and the quiet side. The party side is generally 20- and 30-somethings and is located more to the west side of the property. The quiet side is mostly to the east and north, where the residents are older. The party side typically has buildings of four and five floors with elevator access. The quiet side is usually two or three floor walk-ups (I haven't seen any elevators on that side), generally in close proximity to water -- often with lake views.

The condos fall into one of five condo associations. Most have similar rules but there are some big differences, so you'd have to check what the policies are regarding whether a unit can be rented out, their pet policies, etc. For example one association allows one dog, one cat, a dog and a cat, or two cats -- but not two dogs. The streets are generally winding and make for excellent walking, jogging, or bicycle riding. They also have exercise facilities if you prefer that. Some people use the ski hill for hiking in the summer to build up their legs. To someone wir own thing, just think of this place as one big playground. Residents (owners or renters) can ski and and use the boats (row and paddle) for free. Basically, if you like nature this is a very worthwhile community to live in.

School buses pick up kids and Pace buses take residents to the train station to commute to the City. You probably do need a car though, to get to the grocery store, etc. All units have at least one assigned parking spot - a few have two. I recently saw a three bedroom two-story on Greenwood that had one assigned outdoor spot and it's own two-car garage.

I have no knowledge of the Towers so none of this review reflects that. But I do know they were hit pretty heavily by the flood in 2013.

Four Lakes is an unexpected nature haven for residential living that isn't out in the middle of nowhere. It's not for everyone but it's a great option for some.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:02 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,095,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riv75 View Post
All posts about four Lakes were super old so I decided to add my input. And Jamaicabound's post strikes me as someone with a grudge -- for what reason, who knows.

This area of Lisle is an unincorporated 300 acre Audubon-certified sanctuary with a few hundred condo units among winding roads, varying topography, and tree coverage that varies between lightly wooded to heavily forested. There are generally two sides to this community -- the party side and the quiet side. The party side is generally 20- and 30-somethings and is located more to the west side of the property. The quiet side is mostly to the east and north, where the residents are older. The party side typically has buildings of four and five floors with elevator access. The quiet side is usually two or three floor walk-ups (I haven't seen any elevators on that side), generally in close proximity to water -- often with lake views.

The condos fall into one of five condo associations. Most have similar rules but there are some big differences, so you'd have to check what the policies are regarding whether a unit can be rented out, their pet policies, etc. For example one association allows one dog, one cat, a dog and a cat, or two cats -- but not two dogs. The streets are generally winding and make for excellent walking, jogging, or bicycle riding. They also have exercise facilities if you prefer that. Some people use the ski hill for hiking in the summer to build up their legs. To someone wir own thing, just think of this place as one big playground. Residents (owners or renters) can ski and and use the boats (row and paddle) for free. Basically, if you like nature this is a very worthwhile community to live in.

School buses pick up kids and Pace buses take residents to the train station to commute to the City. You probably do need a car though, to get to the grocery store, etc. All units have at least one assigned parking spot - a few have two. I recently saw a three bedroom two-story on Greenwood that had one assigned outdoor spot and it's own two-car garage.

I have no knowledge of the Towers so none of this review reflects that. But I do know they were hit pretty heavily by the flood in 2013.

Four Lakes is an unexpected nature haven for residential living that isn't out in the middle of nowhere. It's not for everyone but it's a great option for some.
Not really sure why you feel like I have a grudge or why you revived this multi year old post. Most of my experience with 4 lakes was when I was younger and would go to the bar in there. If you really wanted to pour over my post history you would probably find a dozen posts where I actually suggest Four Lakes as a decent place to live for young peopel from outside the area. I think its a great place to live to meet others, they have the ski hill, bar, walking, biking, etc a lot to do and a lot of experiences to connect with ohter young people. I believe they also have a free shuttle that goes to lisle train station so I think it could be a great place for younger people to live.

My negatives for 4 lakes would be if your a home buyer, if there's a pullback in the housing market four lakes is gonna take a really bad hit, in the past I'd seen studios in 4 lakes going for like 29k. There's such a huge amount of inventory if the housing market isn't good your competing with hundreds of other comparible units.

I think parking in 4 lakes sucks in regards to having guests. I don't know that you could ever have a large gathering at your house. Most people get 1 or 2 parking spots and the guest spots are few and far between, pretty far from some units and many only have 3, 4 maybe 6 spots at most so good luck having family over for a holiday or party, gonna be very difficult.

Lastly, as far as crime and general sketchiness the towers seem to have good time sand bad but in the past I knew people who lived there who said puke and pee in teh elevator was like a normal thing for the weekends, people running around halsl banking on doors. There's one particular area of 4 lakes that has a lot of section 8 and around there there tends to be more car breakins and stuff like that. I dont know too much about 4 lakes currently but years ago alot of selling drugs and stuff out of there because it is younger people and a party place.

I think its a safe place to live, I think for certain people its a great situation ie specifically transplants, younger people, etc, however all that said not sure I would buy in 4 lakes unless I got a steal of a deal.

Lasty what you mentioned about flooding is true. During the last big flood my buddy who drives a tow truck spent days dragging completely flooded out cars out of there.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,989 times
Well, I'm sitting on my balcony facing the ski hill as I type this. I love it here. Very quiet. Nature around me but I don't have to live in the middle of nowhere.
The bar across the lake is loud sometimes but it's not so close it's a big deal.
I love watching the birds here and the local raccoons like to hide in the tree by my balcony. Love it.
This is a condo building and the other tenants are nice and quiet. Once in a while someone downstairs has a small party out their back door facing the lake.
I dunno about crime here. Like someone else said, I think all that bad stuff must go on in the towers.
If you get a condo you won't regret it. At least in my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs