Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Cadillac XTS?
Yes 20 45.45%
No 24 54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,905,478 times

Advertisements

You want beauty and pure luxury get a Lexus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:05 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,138,290 times
If they had taken a Cobalt sedan and made it into a Cadillac with a manual, then yeah.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:03 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,695,418 times
Quote:
Looks like an armored vehicle from another era. The more I look at it, and realize that it can't possibly compete with the longevity, quality, and reliability of the Lexus or Mercedes, it looks like a overly-thick hunk of junk on wheels.
An armored vehicle? Really?

I don't know how one can possibly determine the quality, reliability, and longevity from a picture? I mean the XLS isn't even out yet, you can't judge a book by its cover...

Some may not be a fan of the design but I think the pessimists need to wait until the vehicle comes out in production form. All the reviewers PRAISE the new CTS sedan as a step in the right direction and I think the same will be true for the XLS when it is finally released.

I REALLY don't know how someone can look at that and think "Cimarron", it doesn't even remotely resemble one from any perspective. If anything I can see a bit of the Lacrosse and CTS in the design.

Wait and see, I think it'll be a hit just as the CTS was.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,079,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
You want beauty and pure luxury get a Lexus.
Lexus doesn't make a single beautiful car (except for the ultra limited production LFA). They aren't ugly but there isn't a single exciting thing about them. Even the IS-F tries to get you pumping with its unique exhaust outlet setup only to let you down when you find out that two of the outlets are fake.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,219,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Looks like an armored vehicle from another era. The more I look at it, and realize that it can't possibly compete with the longevity, quality, and reliability of the Lexus or Mercedes, it looks like a overly-thick hunk of junk on wheels.

I'm starting to think you're some sort of spokesperson. I'm also pretty convinced you have no idea what your talking about, especially when it comes to cars and other motorized vehicles.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM

404 posts, read 1,556,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
....I REALLY don't know how someone can look at that and think "Cimarron"
gimmicky, overdone, gaudy. IOW, Caddy of yesteryear through and though. unfortunately this is what the 80 year old guys who run GM think the mainstream buying public want

meanwhile we have more Opels coming in as Buicks. idc if Opel is long owned by GM, it all stinks on ice

Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,079,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
gimmicky, overdone, gaudy. IOW, Caddy of yesteryear through and though. unfortunately this is what the 80 year old guys who run GM think the mainstream buying public want

meanwhile we have more Opels coming in as Buicks. idc if Opel is long owned by GM, it all stinks on ice
I think the latest Cadillac designs are pretty solid, and this is coming from a guy who typically owns Japanese sports car/sedans and has a major hard on for German automobiles. I'm not sure where your beef is, do you not like Opel or do you not like Opel's (a division of GM) being sold in the US as Buicks? My Infinti G35 for instance is sold in Japan as a Nissan 350GT, the Infiniti M is sold as a Nissan Fuga and so on (the same goes for Acura and Lexus vehicles). As long as GM isn't doing badge engineering on vehicles already sold here, I'm perfectly fine with it because they are bringing a new product to the U.S. market. What its sold as in Europe should not count against them.

I'm also not claiming that this XTS will be a solid product because none of us will know until someone drives it, but people are deriving way too many "facts" from their behinds to make any their claims valid.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,089 times
The styling looks very nice, but the underpinnings are disappointing. If Cadillac was serious, they would use the RWD Zeta architecture instead of the plebian FWD Epsilon one.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,303,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
It looks nothing like the Cadillacs of yesteryear. If by yesteryear, you mean pre-1980s Cadillacs.
It looks no more gaudy and overdone than a modern Mercedes or BMW.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It looks nothing like the Cadillacs of yesteryear.
News update: This is the 21st Century.

I would hope that modern Cadillacs look nothing like yesteryear. Just as I am glad other cars look nothing like yesteryear.

Time marches on, get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC