Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:22 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,475,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Too bad Buicks don't look like they did way back in the old days. But to all of you youngsters : newsflash ! You will reach a time when you don't look like you do now. Honk Honk !
I have pretty much already reached that point Just saying as "fast" as a Buick may be, it's really not a chick-picker-upper, but neither is my Honda!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 01:32 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,475,106 times
Look, I'm not saying EVERY SINGLE ELDERLY PERSON drives a Buick, just saying that 9 times out of 10 when I'm slowed down by a Buick it happens to be a senior citizen. Sure there's young people out there floating around in a big ol' LeSabre somewhere, but it's not the norm and we all know that. I don't deny that those cars are fast, but a BMW 750iL would knock it's hinges off speedwise, and comfort wise. That's another thing, it's a fast car...with drivers afraid of the gas pedal!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,867,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Look, I'm not saying EVERY SINGLE ELDERLY PERSON drives a Buick, just saying that 9 times out of 10 when I'm slowed down by a Buick it happens to be a senior citizen. Sure there's young people out there floating around in a big ol' LeSabre somewhere, but it's not the norm and we all know that. I don't deny that those cars are fast, but a BMW 750iL would knock it's hinges off speedwise, and comfort wise. That's another thing, it's a fast car...with drivers afraid of the gas pedal!
You know, there's more to driving than just seeing how fast you can get there.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:59 PM

298 posts, read 1,089,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
And I know Caddys are also elderly people cars, and rich people cars too....or supposed to be.

Dont forget black people too.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,072,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyse View Post
dont forget black people too.
*Racist Alert* Warning Warning Warning! This post has been classified as racist. The reverend Al Sharpton has been summoned and will arrive shortly with Jesse Jackson in tow.*Racist Alert*

Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,203 times
You'll notice the Buicks are always champagne or white in color, too!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 PM

298 posts, read 1,089,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
*Racist Alert* Warning Warning Warning! This post has been classified as racist. The reverend Al Sharpton has been summoned and will arrive shortly with Jesse Jackson in tow.*Racist Alert*
I see your sarcasm, but seriously no different than making the assumption that a majority of old people drive buicks, and this is true too!

Heres a story: My cousin works as a test engineer for the navy and would carpool to work with a couple of black guys. These guys were some of the nicest people you would ever meet. Both drove beautiful caddys. On the way to work they would literally make fun of white people driving less than spectacular vehicles. They would even assume that these people driving poor cars lived in nice upscale homes. They couldn’t understand why someone would put their income toward a home before their car. Why? I don’t know.

True Story.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:50 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
What's the deal with about 90% of the population over 65 driving Buicks? The other 10% I think drive Lincoln and Olds.
Anytime I get behind and elderly person in a Buick I already know I'll be slowed down as he/she is driving 20 in a 55.
Next time your out and about try to watch out for this, you'll see. I have learned to avoid getting behind a Buick at all cost even if it means altering my route.
I am under 50 years old and drive a Lincoln (along with 3 other cars) and have taken it up to 90 mph!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
I think I would be a lot more comfortable in a Buick than in a BMW.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:18 PM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa3 View Post
You'll notice the Buicks are always champagne or white in color, too!
Always?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC