Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 03:59 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times

Advertisements

Well if the new Buicks all look like the new 2010 LaCrosse, they'll be on this not-so-old-guy's shopping list in the future:

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/cars/imageresizeronfly/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/cars/buick/lacrosse-2010-3.jpg&w=900 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 04:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
LOL I got a kick out of the title of this topic
old people and buicks LOL

Old 09-18-2009, 04:02 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Here's my "grandpa mobile" Lincoln with its Jaguar-derived suspension, 51/49 weight ratio, and all-aluminum 3.9L V8. I'm 25 years old, by the way.

I couldn't ask for a more fantastic handling, better built car.
I agree - the LS is a fine car. Shares the chassis with the Jag S-Type and the T-bird. I had a S-type - and it didn't bother me that much of the dash was identical to the LS. The Jag 4.0L engine however was a bit nicer!

Lincoln quit marketing the car though - and didn't change it much after intro. This car would have been nice in a "sport" edition with a 350 hp engine. Carbon fiber interior trim, revised suspension and wheels!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
I'm 60 and you won't find me in a Buick, or for that matter, in any American vehicle. I have too many scars, both in my bank account and physically, from purchasing planned obsolescence.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeS View Post
I'm 26 yrs old,and I feel the same way. Do ya drive a Regal GS lily? I love my Buick and will probably always drive one. I think the stereotype has defininately kept me from getting pulled over a few times.. haha.
Now if they made a Buick hybrid and it could help me NOT get pulled over (I do have a tendency to speed), sign me up!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Bascaily all it is that older people like to drive larger more luxious cars than younger people and always have. The cads;olds;and buicks were bult for older more afluent people while chevy wer for the yopunger less afluent evn in the 50's Frod had there lincolns .The last buick I saw that fit this class were the roadmasters.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:31 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,476,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Dude, most of those old people are of the age to have fought in WWII and probably have. In their own mind, they still see themselves storming the beach with an M1 Garand, knowing that one of the guys at their side isn't going to make it back. When I worked at a repair shop in Phoenix, many of these guys refused to drive or buy anything Japanese--They had those memories after 40 years. And now that I am 44, after a lifetime of adventure, riding motorcycles across America, being a paratrooper, fishing in Australia and Alaska, working as a mechanic in Spain and Malaysia, teaching school in the Aleutian chain, and now moving to Vegas and starting an auto shop from scratch, I say to you, get some experience and then come back.
Your so grand. I'll "get some experience" and get back with you, bragging is not needed.

I think people took this all a little too seriously, it was intended to be kinda fun. Oh well. Lighten up people and next time you see an old person in a Buick remember this thread.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:56 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Dude, most of those old people are of the age to have fought in WWII and probably have. In their own mind, they still see themselves storming the beach with an M1 Garand, knowing that one of the guys at their side isn't going to make it back. When I worked at a repair shop in Phoenix, many of these guys refused to drive or buy anything Japanese--They had those memories after 40 years. And now that I am 44, after a lifetime of adventure, riding motorcycles across America, being a paratrooper, fishing in Australia and Alaska, working as a mechanic in Spain and Malaysia, teaching school in the Aleutian chain, and now moving to Vegas and starting an auto shop from scratch, I say to you, get some experience and then come back.

Excellent point--my father was one of those men (at Guadalcanal). Drove Oldsmobiles as soon as he could afford them. We had Buicks too.

I absolutely LOVE the Buick Enclave. It is the nicest crossover, next to the Lincoln MK-X, in my opinion. The detailing inside is so nice...and it is sooooo quiet. I hope that the Enclave is my next car!

BTW I'm 38, with two young children.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:14 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Now that I think of it - I do remember reading an article (hemmings, I believe) stating that LT1 powered Buicks/Chevy were a "sleeper" collectible since I think 1996 was the only year the Buick had the LT1. I do know of a fellow who owns an LT1 Roadmaster wagon and he loves it!
The Impala SS, Fleetwood and Roadmaster had the LT1 (2nd gen. 350) as the only available engine from '94 to '96. The '91-'93 Roadmasters had the L05 (1st gen. 350) as the only available engine.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:59 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
I see seniors driving all sizes of cars. Im not a senior yet i drive a big (approx 219 inches long ) olds delta 88.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC