Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:46 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,787,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Muscle cars are V8's, not turbo V6's.
I think the GN and the T type could constitute as a muscle car. No it wasn't a V8 but it was a RWD full framed mid sized car (like the muscle cars) equipped with a little 6 on adrenaline that could put the smack down on all of those V8 muscle cars of the 60's/70's.

Last edited by Deez Nuttz; 04-03-2009 at 09:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,114,259 times
I have seen some of them priced at over 100k. Check the Auto trader online.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:23 AM

You might actually be thinking of the GNX, which is a limited production collectors car. Only 547 were built. One of those in mint show room shape would probably fetch $100k if not close to it. But an actual Grand National I doubt it.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:54 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,114,259 times
A GNX is a Grand National X. Yea the GNX is the one I was talking about. I want one really beyond bad, but will be lucky to get my hands on a cherry Grand National. I have a 1983 Buick Regal Type that my dad bought brand new. I restored it and then it was stolen and stripped. It's in my garage asleep, heh. I plan to restore again one day, but want my Grand National first.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I think the GN and the T type could constitute as a muscle car. No it wasn't a V8 but it was a RWD full framed mid sized car (like the muscle cars) equipped with a little 6 on adrenaline that could put the smack down on all of those V8 muscle cars of the 60's/70's.
Even though some of the Turbo Japanese cars today could beat some V-8's, I still wouldn't consider them muscle cars.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Back in the late 1980's,one of the fasted cars in our sleep little town was a 1987 GN with mods....I never got to race it but it was fast.

I liked old Buick muscle,mine was a 1970 GS Stage 1....sadly it was a rustbucket but it was FAST...scary fast as the cam was so big...

The good old days.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,887,906 times
relax. it was not a GNX and the GN they used was crappy to begin with..

Heres my old GN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
dude! it's not worth sitting through that stupid piece of **** of a movie just to see some ******* wreck a GNX.

boycott this movie in theatres and then rent it only for the comedic qualities of it's gross misrepresentations of reality - automotive and general.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 AM

Frank I've seen your car before on turbobuicks.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
A GNX is a Grand National X. Yea the GNX is the one I was talking about. I want one really beyond bad, but will be lucky to get my hands on a cherry Grand National. I have a 1983 Buick Regal Type that my dad bought brand new. I restored it and then it was stolen and stripped. It's in my garage asleep, heh. I plan to restore again one day, but want my Grand National first.
What's holding you back from buying your GN? Living paycheck to paycheck? I only ask because if you look right now you can get them as cheap as $8k for a decent one. Which is cheaper than they usually go for.

Sorry to hear your dad's car was stolen and stripped....how much of it did they get? That's one drawback to owning one of these G body cars....they're still hot theft items even after 20 + years....nevermind the more popular cars worth stealing.

And now that this new movie is out I'm sure the theft rate will probably increase. If not that the car's popularity will go up and those $8k cars will also go up in price.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,887,906 times
Thats right. I am a long time member of that forum. My old car is in Florida now..
good eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Frank I've seen your car before on turbobuicks.com.

What's holding you back from buying your GN? Living paycheck to paycheck? I only ask because if you look right now you can get them as cheap as $8k for a decent one. Which is cheaper than they usually go for.

Sorry to hear your dad's car was stolen and stripped....how much of it did they get? That's one drawback to owning one of these G body cars....they're still hot theft items even after 20 + years....nevermind the more popular cars worth stealing.

And now that this new movie is out I'm sure the theft rate will probably increase. If not that the car's popularity will go up and those $8k cars will also go up in price.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:07 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
The bf wants a GN. Its very hard to keep him from buying one..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC