Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times

Advertisements

Hey guys... planning a day trip this Saturday to your town from atlanta. I know the Aquarium is a must... what else would folks suggest? My wife is pregnant so we can't do much hiking... does rock city require a lot of walking? I'm also traveling with my 3 year old. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times
Creative Discovery Museum for the little one along with Coolidge Park. Be sure to bring a bathing suit for the fountain

Old 07-24-2009, 06:08 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,962 times
Rock City is gorgeous and I think a must see. The terrain is mostly level with some steps and small hills, but nothing treacherous. The aquarium takes about two hours, and Rock City is about 90 minutes at a nice pace. You may also like Ruby Falls, which is close to Rock City on Lookout Mountain.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
Rock City is gorgeous and I think a must see. The terrain is mostly level with some steps and small hills, but nothing treacherous. The aquarium takes about two hours, and Rock City is about 90 minutes at a nice pace. You may also like Ruby Falls, which is close to Rock City on Lookout Mountain.
Doubt the pregnant wife can take a 90 minute walk so will probably have to skip Rock Mountain this time... is the discovery museum close to the Aquarium? Is there anything else around there? What about the incline rail? is that worth it?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Discovery Museum is close to aquarium. The Incline, I like the view from the top, haven't rode it since elementary school. Have drove to top and walked around.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:24 PM

264 posts, read 819,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
Creative Discovery Museum for the little one along with Coolidge Park. Be sure to bring a bathing suit for the fountain
I agree ! playing in the fountains in front of the aquarium, seeing the actual aquarium, going to the discovery museum, and riding the carosel at coolidge park would be a pretty full day. add in a dinner at Mellow Mushroom and maybe ice cream at ben and jerry's.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:55 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Doubt the pregnant wife can take a 90 minute walk so will probably have to skip Rock Mountain this time... is the discovery museum close to the Aquarium? Is there anything else around there? What about the incline rail? is that worth it?
My personal opinion is that the Incline, while enjoyable, is way overpriced. It's $14 for adults 13 and over and half price for under 13. For a 5 minute ride up a mountain, I don't think it is a good value. However, driving up Lookout Mountain is much more scenic. There are two ways up and its nice to go up one and down the other. Point Park is great, and so is Sunset Rock. Sunset Rock however may be too rough for your wife at this time, as it is a fairly tough but short hike down the side of the mountain to the cliffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga