Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 3,669 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife are looking to move to Chattanooga next year. Were looking to rent a house or an apartment. What is a good,safe area or suburb to look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 5,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf1948 View Post
Me and my wife are looking to move to Chattanooga next year. Were looking to rent a house or an apartment. What is a good,safe area or suburb to look at.
I live in Cleveland, TN about 30 minutes north of chattanooga on I75. I don't live in Chattanooga, however I have lived here for 33 years and Ive heard over the years that East Ridge, Hixson, and the north end of chattanooga is a lot safer. I would think that the outter areas of chattanooga is fine. Just stay away from the surrounding area of downtown, such as Brainard and Howard. I don't know if you ever heard of Ooltewah, TN. It is north 5-10 minutes from chattanooga on I75, between chattanooga and Cleveland. Its a higher class suburbs, nicer homes etc... Like I said I've never lived in chattanooga and I don't know any suburbs there, however I hope I helped. Best of Luck.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 PM

286 posts, read 1,087,066 times
Anywhere is pretty safe if you stay away from downtown area. Unless you pay $700K to live in the townhomes by the aquarium.

And there's actually some condos being advertised in the coolidge park area for $250K for 2 or 3 bedrooms with a view of the aquarium area across the river.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,663,130 times
For apartments, try Mountain Creek Road, Red Bank 37415. This is a good starter point as it's close to downtown and major roads.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 AM

600 posts, read 2,263,181 times
Scroll through these postings, there is a plethura of posts from others that have asked the same question as the OP (original poster). You should look at East Ridge or Hisxon, but how much you want to spend is also a deciding factor, plus where you will be working. Don't come here without a job, as there are none here right now, except for fast food.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM

26 posts, read 118,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by financelife View Post
Anywhere is pretty safe if you stay away from downtown area. Unless you pay $700K to live in the townhomes by the aquarium.

And there's actually some condos being advertised in the coolidge park area for $250K for 2 or 3 bedrooms with a view of the aquarium area across the river.
WOW!!!! That expensive, I had no idea. I mean i knew they had to be pretty pricey but jeez. But they are very pretty. I was just walking past them the other day actually exclaiming to my friend how i thought they were nice.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,558 times
Student looking for housing for July and August. Need something furnished. Anyone have any advice? Craig's List isn't getting me anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga