Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM

40 posts, read 106,262 times

Advertisements

I recently applied to Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga. I visited Chattanooga about 5 years ago so I am somewhat familiar with the area. I was wondering what the rent for a studio or one bed room apartment would be close to the college, Also what sort of call center jobs are in the area. I know T-Mobile and Blue Cross have call centers but I was wondering if there were any other options avaliable. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,142 times
Here is a good site for jobs.
[url=http://chattanooga.careerlink.com/state/tn/city/chattano/page41.htm]Jobs Chattanooga Employment[/url]
Good luck.

[URL]http://chattanooga.careerlink.com/state/tn/city/chattano/index.htm[/URL]

Old 07-24-2008, 11:15 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,711,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesmith78 View Post
I recently applied to Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga. I visited Chattanooga about 5 years ago so I am somewhat familiar with the area. I was wondering what the rent for a studio or one bed room apartment would be close to the college, Also what sort of call center jobs are in the area. I know T-Mobile and Blue Cross have call centers but I was wondering if there were any other options avaliable. Thanks
friend of mine manages the T-Mobile call center

Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM

46 posts, read 190,611 times
This may help.

Chattanooga - Call Centers - DirectoryM.Net (http://www.directorym.net/dm/Call_Centers-Chattanooga-d144166.aspx - broken link)

Old 08-02-2008, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the replies. If I can my act together I should be heading to nooga for the Spring semester.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,692,161 times
We also have a "rec" site for the USPS if you are interested. Watch the paper for hires, especially this fall as they ready for the holidays. No benefits but the pay is excellent for part time work.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM

Whats a 'rec' site. Also, I have heard more then one person say I should look into buying a house in Chattanooga, instead of renting. I am 30, divorced and the only bad thing on my credit is a gas bill for $150 I keep putting off. Do you think this would be a reasonable option?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 PM

600 posts, read 2,272,628 times
I thought the Rec site was closed down or is in the process of closing down. The post office is going through a major restructuring now, with the possibility of layoffs and early outs, due to very low mail volumes. They will not be hiring any full time employees for the foreseeable future, it ever.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 AM

When I was at the rec site they were ALWAYS shutting us down. Didn't happen in the 3 years I was there but I suppose it could. Nor did they hire any full timers, just part time flex as usual. I didn't know about the restructuring though...

Old 08-12-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesmith78 View Post
Whats a 'rec' site. Also, I have heard more then one person say I should look into buying a house in Chattanooga, instead of renting. I am 30, divorced and the only bad thing on my credit is a gas bill for $150 I keep putting off. Do you think this would be a reasonable option?
I don't know if you want to buy unless you plan on stayin' but I can say purchase is the best option once you decide this is the place you want to put your hat down. I bought 8 years ago when I was just about your age and now my mortgage is so small compared to rent these days it's funny. Not that I live in a big fancy house but it's still a great deal Your credit should be no problem but if you have any doubts a great place like Chattanooga Neighbor Enterprise is a good place to start. They work with your creditors and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: