Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 AM

24 posts, read 74,616 times

Advertisements

I would like a lot of information on this town and surrounding areas. I would say about a 50 mile radius. This includes East Ridge, Signal Mountain, East Brainerd, Fort Oglethorpe (GA), Middle Valley, Cleaveland,Calhun, Dunlap, and Tracy City. Looking for:

Price of milk
Price of Gas
Average power bill
Average heating bill
Cell phone coverage
Gun laws
Offroading
Schools
Taxes
Work outlook
Major/unique stores
Land

I am looking too, but if I can get some easy answers. Feel free to tell me anything you want.

I am new to these forums, and I will be searching, but I wonder if anyone has a few quick answers, or can point me to some threads already on hre. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:57 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,804,417 times
There are many, many threads that will answer your questions. You'll just have to take the time to sort through them. Here's one:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chatt...utilities.html

Old 01-09-2011, 03:50 PM

7 posts, read 15,458 times
Well, price of milk and gas change, but it's generally lower than the national average. Same with power and heating, although our carrier, EPB is consistently lower than the national average. Cell phone coverage is generally good, but sometimes the topography of the city make it challenging. You can carry a concealed weapon in TN if you take a safety course, but don't bring it into a bar or a park posted no weapons, but generally local police are very receptive to the idea of law abiding citizens who know about gun safety helping them out. Public schools suck but that's everywhere, we have some good private schools though. Lots of outdoorsy stuff, work outlook is excellent as VW, Amazon, etc are adding jobs left and right. Very pro-business climate here and there are a lot of resources for small businesses. Sales taxes are high, but there is no state income tax. You can always make the short trip to Georgia to shop if the sales taxes are too much for you.

Overall a pretty good place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga