Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 12:15 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times

Advertisements

Our first Mardi Gras Parade! Yeah! I know it's last minute but break out the umbrellas people, there's a party goin' on 'round here!

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Mardi Gras tonight

Money raised from tonight’s festivities, which include a $100-a-plate dinner at Blue Orleans Creole Restaurant in the Main Street district, will go to support Annunciation Mission in New Orleans. The money will help increase space in the mission’s dormitory.

Transplants from New Orleans left homeless by the hurricane and now living in Chattanooga have been invited to ride on the floats, paid for by corporate sponsorships.

In Mardi Gras tradition, there will be a parade king and queen, former City Judge Walter Williams and his wife Gwen.

Main Street will be closed from Central Avenue to Broad Street from 6 to 8 p.m. as the parade proceeds from Jefferson Park down Main Street. It ends at Long Street.

“We need the public to come out and support the parade,” Ms. Frank said.

We'll see ya there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM

611 posts, read 1,997,826 times
Don't forget your rubbers

Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 PM

849 posts, read 2,954,155 times
You see, this is where you begin to gray the line, kinda pushin' the envelope! Your insolence will not be tolerated in this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverView View Post
Don't forget your rubbers

Old 02-04-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
You see, this is where you begin to gray the line, kinda pushin' the envelope! Your insolence will not be tolerated in this forum!

I fully expect my post to be deleted

Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Let it ride...

Can you name this action hero? You're not that much younger than me.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
Let it ride...

Can you name this action hero? You're not that much younger than me.

Not a clue

Old 02-04-2008, 09:09 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Our first Mardi Gras Parade! Yeah! I know it's last minute but break out the umbrellas people, there's a party goin' on 'round here!

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Mardi Gras tonight

Money raised from tonight’s festivities, which include a $100-a-plate dinner at Blue Orleans Creole Restaurant in the Main Street district, will go to support Annunciation Mission in New Orleans. The money will help increase space in the mission’s dormitory.

Transplants from New Orleans left homeless by the hurricane and now living in Chattanooga have been invited to ride on the floats, paid for by corporate sponsorships.

In Mardi Gras tradition, there will be a parade king and queen, former City Judge Walter Williams and his wife Gwen.

Main Street will be closed from Central Avenue to Broad Street from 6 to 8 p.m. as the parade proceeds from Jefferson Park down Main Street. It ends at Long Street.

“We need the public to come out and support the parade,” Ms. Frank said.

We'll see ya there
Did you make it tonight? How was it? I wanted to come, but having been out last night and then going out again tonight seemed a bit much for the little one....

Old 02-05-2008, 02:54 AM

The Mighty Heroes, Cuckoo Man. With any luck, he was in the parade.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
We had a great time! The crew and I made it just before 6 and there was um... maybe 15 people there. I could tell the police were setting up and all but there was NOONE there lol We hung around long enough to be told that the parade actually started at 7 So we cruised the block, checked out the horse stable and sidewalk art, chatted with the few who came and settled in for some parking lot football before the grand event. Closer to 7 more people showed up and the party was ON! The parade was small but fun, the turnout was sadly, also small but it was a good time. We got some moon pies, danced to Howard High marching band and a ton of beads. There were some NOLA natives there and they seemed to enjoy our little show too.

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Let the good times roll
Lundi Gras
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga