Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 AM

207 posts, read 433,492 times

Advertisements

My family is traveling soon to Chattanooga. I am desperate for hotel recommendations on the Lookout Mt side of town. I need something $100 or under and in a SAFE location. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 03:16 PM

155 posts, read 335,207 times
I don't personally have any recommendations but I highly recommend going on to Google Maps (maps.google.com) and doing a search for "hotel, chattanooga, TN" and use the map to do your research. Plenty of reviews available, and links to each hotel's website where you can usually find pricing as well. Good luck!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 PM

600 posts, read 2,261,513 times
There are no hotels on the Lookout mountain side of town. The are below Lookout Mountain is St. Elmo and has no hotels, only houses and restaurants. There are a couple of bed and breakfasts on top of Lookout mountain though, The Garden Walk and the Chanticleer. The only hotel on Lookout Mountain is the Sky Harbor Bavarian Inn and all rooms have a balcony overlooking the city of Chattanooga. 1 king or two doubles is $95. RUBY FALLS HOTEL | CHATTANOOGA HOTEL | SKY HARBOR BAVARIAN INN (http://www.skyharborbavarianinn.com/rates_chattanooga_hotel.php - broken link)

Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM

155 posts, read 335,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
There are no hotels on the Lookout mountain side of town. The are below Lookout Mountain is St. Elmo and has no hotels, only houses and restaurants. There are a couple of bed and breakfasts on top of Lookout mountain though, The Garden Walk and the Chanticleer. The only hotel on Lookout Mountain is the Sky Harbor Bavarian Inn and all rooms have a balcony overlooking the city of Chattanooga. 1 king or two doubles is $95. RUBY FALLS HOTEL | CHATTANOOGA HOTEL | SKY HARBOR BAVARIAN INN (http://www.skyharborbavarianinn.com/rates_chattanooga_hotel.php - broken link)
Are you kidding? Hampton, Comfort Inn, La Quinta, Days Inn all right off of I-24 and Market/Broad. According to Google, Lookout Mountain Suites close to Broad and 33rd, and Sky Harbor Bavarian Inn on Cummings Hwy. Econo Lodge, Comfort Inn, Best Value Inn off exit 175 off I-24, and then a whole cluster bomb of them around exit 174. All these are on the Lookout Mtn. side of town or in the immediate vicinity of Lookout Mtn.

That took me 5 minutes on Google.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM

55 posts, read 121,241 times
Thanks Nonlocal - you are so right. In fact when you Google hotels Cummings Highway Chattanooga TN, it gives you all the hotels. The description on the Hampton Inn says "located at the foot of Lookout Mountain". There's also several others that come up including a nice Baymont. We live in a golf course community close by and see all these hotels as we drive to Walmart and the restaurants around here. Very nice area to visit, close to Ruby Falls, The Nature Center, Rock City and the Incline Highway.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,246,315 times
If you're going to be driving everywhere, the ones immediately off I-24 near downtown are acceptable. They're great during the day, but I wouldn't recommend going for a neighborhood stroll after dark. Not really a bad area, but not necessarily pedestrian friendly. Same for the huge cluster on the other side of the mountain, where Cummings Hwy (Hwy 41/64/72) hits I-24 at Tiftonia. Lots more retail in the area with more traffic. Either provides good access to LO Mountain.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM

600 posts, read 2,261,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlocal View Post
Are you kidding? Hampton, Comfort Inn, La Quinta, Days Inn all right off of I-24 and Market/Broad. According to Google, Lookout Mountain Suites close to Broad and 33rd, and Sky Harbor Bavarian Inn on Cummings Hwy. Econo Lodge, Comfort Inn, Best Value Inn off exit 175 off I-24, and then a whole cluster bomb of them around exit 174. All these are on the Lookout Mtn. side of town or in the immediate vicinity of Lookout Mtn.

That took me 5 minutes on Google.
Those hotels are not in a safe area, which was part of the original post.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 PM

55 posts, read 121,241 times
The Baymont, Hampton and others on Cummings HWY are absolutely NOT in a bad area and are the closest to the MTN attractions.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 AM

207 posts, read 433,492 times
Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate your efforts and we can't wait to visit Chattanooga!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga