Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 09:15 AM

24 posts, read 88,233 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a recycle center I can take my many moving boxes. I am in Indian Trail. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 09:21 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Put something on craigslist: charlotte classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events (http://www.charlotte.craigslist.org - broken link). Someone will come get em.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:51 PM

24 posts, read 88,233 times
Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping to get them out of here without waiting for someone on Craigs list, people tend to be flaky with that. I'd rather load them in the truck myself and take them to the dump or a recycle center if I can find one.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:26 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmthequeen View Post
Does anyone know of a recycle center I can take my many moving boxes. I am in Indian Trail. Thanks!
From the Indian Trail town site:

Quote:
There is a county-operated disposal and recycling center on Wesley Chapel Stouts Road behind the Sun Valley High School. This site is open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 7am until 7pm. There is no phone service at this location. The Union County Landfill is located on the east side of Monroe at 2125 Austin Chaney Road in Wingate, NC. The telephone number is 704-233-5334. This site is open Monday through Friday from 7am until 4pm and Saturday from 8am until noon. Large items such as appliances, metal, and tires (rims off) can be taken to the Austin Chaney site. There is no charge for these items.

Yard waste can be disposed at the Austin Chaney site. The charge is $1.50 per 100 pounds.
Quote:
Where can I dispose of oil, paint and other hazardous material?

Disposal of household hazardous waste is available to Union County residents at no charge at these locations:

Hickory Grove Recycling Center and Yard Waste
8007 Pence Road

Foxhole Recycling Center and Yard Waste
17131 Lancaster Highway
These centers WILL NOT accept ammunition, pressurized gas cylinders greater than 20 pounds, gun powder, explosives, smoke detectors, radioactive materials and bio-infectious material. Please contact Union County Public Works at 704-296-4210 for more information.
Y'all like my new title below my username?
haha

Old 06-13-2007, 09:17 PM

105 posts, read 244,186 times
Default a related question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmthequeen View Post
Since you bring this up, I too have a question. I'll be moving to NC by the end of the year, is there an active recyling mindset in NC? I notice on cans & bottles, the state isn't listed as one pays back a deposit (in Maine, you pay a nickle per bottle/can & then return them to centers that give you that nickel back.).
Do you sort your rubbish (plastic, paper, etc) when you take it to the dump, or the curbside?

Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 AM

219 posts, read 965,390 times
Does each county decide for itself about recyables?

Melissa

Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
From the Indian Trail town site:

Y'all like my new title below my username?
haha
Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search can be good too (sometimes). just type a question and see what comes up.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:33 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulani View Post
Since you bring this up, I too have a question. I'll be moving to NC by the end of the year, is there an active recyling mindset in NC? I notice on cans & bottles, the state isn't listed as one pays back a deposit (in Maine, you pay a nickle per bottle/can & then return them to centers that give you that nickel back.).
Do you sort your rubbish (plastic, paper, etc) when you take it to the dump, or the curbside?
Yes there is a recycling mindset. Sorting is not necessary unless you take it to a recycling center yourself. In almost all areas residents are given a recycling bin where all recyclables go and then you put it out on the curb.

Most states do not offer money for bottles/cans anymore.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:31 AM

You can recycle just about anything in Charlotte, like houshold batteries, paint, etc, but you have to take that stuff to the recycling center.

Home (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Solid+Waste/CurbIt/Recycling/Home.htm - broken link)

Most people recycle here.

Also, the Charlotte Checkers (minor league hockey) and (what used to be Bellsouth) offer a free ticket for each old phone book brought in for recycling at one of their early games. They give you a voucher for an upcoming game when you bring the book in to the specified game. We akways get a few free tickets for doing that (and they dont care where the book came from, as long as it is outdated).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte