Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 AM

174 posts, read 486,255 times

Advertisements

...And you leave your car in the parking lot and then walk over to the greenspace trail, you really ruin it for the rest of us (who are just trying to patronize the merchants there).

I'm not pointing fingers. I'm just saying.

MC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 01:43 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
Like people who park on side streets and go to work leaving someone who wants to go to a bar to walk half a miles because you're too cheap to pay to park. Novel idea......ride the bus of you can't afford parking.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
The developer shouldn't have overbuilt the parking lot there in the first place.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:02 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,024 times
The park and rec dept should have known that the street parking would fill up.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:21 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Like people who park on side streets and go to work leaving someone who wants to go to a bar to walk half a miles because you're too cheap to pay to park. Novel idea......ride the bus of you can't afford parking.
If there is no restriction to parking on your street, I have the same right as you do to park there. Same deal goes for public parking lots. If there are no restrictions on parking there, no one has any right to complain about the lot filling up.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Those parking spaces at the complex where TJ's is located are not public property. They are for patrons - or are supposed to be, lol.

What needs to happen is for the merchants to have the cars towed. I believe they have the right to do that.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:30 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Those parking spaces at the complex where TJ's is located are not public property. They are for patrons - or are supposed to be, lol.

What needs to happen is for the merchants to have the cars towed. I believe they have the right to do that.
Agreed, and if they found it to be a big enough problem they would. Isn't there a ton of parking in that garage since Home Depot has closed?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:33 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Agreed, and if they found it to be a big enough problem they would. Isn't there a ton of parking in that garage since Home Depot has closed?
Isn't the garage at the midtown store near CMC? The South Charlotte store shares an open lot with way too many stores for the size of the lot.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,017,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
If there is no restriction to parking on your street, I have the same right as you do to park there. Same deal goes for public parking lots. If there are no restrictions on parking there, no one has any right to complain about the lot filling up.
Exactly. I don't see any difference between someone who parks on local streets for a job and someone who parks to go to a bar. Legal parking is LEGAL parking, whatever your reason for being there.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:18 PM

174 posts, read 486,255 times
Quote:
Isn't there a ton of parking in that garage since Home Depot has closed?
Trader Joes on Rea Road, I mean.

Wish there was a parking garage there.

Wish the merchants towed trail-parkers in the lot. Some towing company could make a killing. And the merchants are losing out, with their (poorly designed) lot clogged with obnoxious trail-walkers parking their SUVs in the "compact" spaces, etc.

I'm just saying, is all. Would suggest that if you want to walk the trail please park on Bevington and not in the shopping center parking lot. But, I don't mean to start a fight or anything. Just wishing for some consideration. (And a parking place when I go to the store or restaurant.)

MC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte