Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am going to graduate from college this spring and I was just offered a job in Charlotte, NC. I know that where I will be working is 10-15 minutes outside of the city but since I am 21 I was hoping to live uptown (or at least thats the impression from other threads of where its best to live). I just want to be where there is plenty of singles and will be the environment where I can meet a lot of people and there will be a lot of entertainment. I know I will have to commute to work so I will also need to find a place to park my car. If anyone can suggest what apartment complexes are that will be best for what I am looking for or where is closest to the nightlife. I don't have many budget restrictions but obviously not something that is insanely expensive. I am moving from Michigan so I really have no idea what I am getting myself into but I have been there before and I loved it. All opinions will be extremely helpful! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 03:36 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
fourth ward (uptown), dilworth, elizabeth, cherry, something on Kings or Hawthorne just south of uptown or right around Freedom Park.

I'd start there. Folks will probably suggest Birkdale in Huntersville, though personally I'm not a big fan of that area after having lived in urban Charlotte for the last 10 years.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mille218 View Post
Hi, I am going to graduate from college this spring and I was just offered a job in Charlotte, NC. I know that where I will be working is 10-15 minutes outside of the city but since I am 21 I was hoping to live uptown (or at least thats the impression from other threads of where its best to live). I just want to be where there is plenty of singles and will be the environment where I can meet a lot of people and there will be a lot of entertainment. I know I will have to commute to work so I will also need to find a place to park my car. If anyone can suggest what apartment complexes are that will be best for what I am looking for or where is closest to the nightlife. I don't have many budget restrictions but obviously not something that is insanely expensive. I am moving from Michigan so I really have no idea what I am getting myself into but I have been there before and I loved it. All opinions will be extremely helpful! Thanks!!!
Congrats on your graduation AND new job! That is great news

Uptown has very high end condo's, but more people are renting them out in this market so you might find one you like, so check Craig's List for individual homeowers who may be advertizing. There are just a handful of apartments in actual uptown itself, but there are many just outside of uptown within minutes that you would probably like.

The complex I hear people your age talking about is Eastover Ridge. It's just 5 minutes outside of the uptown loop and very convenient to everything you need.

Home

Old 12-21-2009, 04:03 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The complex I hear people your age talking about is Eastover Ridge. It's just 5 minutes outside of the uptown loop and very convenient to everything you need.

Home
I'll second that.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I'll second that.
hahaha - I know 4 young nurses who all just graduated a year or so ago who moved there and are having a ball. They say the pool was great this summer

Old 12-22-2009, 04:52 PM

5 posts, read 8,491 times
I am going through the exact same thing right now and have done some research... as far as I can tell uptown is the place that you and I want to be being young and new and single in the city. Some Apt. complexes ive found that look great are The Arbors which is in the 4th ward, Alpha Mill which is just outside the "uptown loop" but is a really awesome converted mill, The Enclave which is much more affordable if you do it with a roommate but is right inside the city and next to a beautiful private park. Hope this helps! Let me know if you gather any other helpful info and good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte