Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,541 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of considering a move to Charlotte. I want to live in a historic neighborhood, but I am concerned about crime. What are the better neighborhoods for living near downtown? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 05:15 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteHereICome View Post
I am in the process of considering a move to Charlotte. I want to live in a historic neighborhood, but I am concerned about crime. What are the better neighborhoods for living near downtown? Thanks.
I know I sound like a broken record, but we must know how much you plan to spend before we can make suggestions

Old 12-15-2007, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but we must know how much you plan to spend before we can make suggestions
Up to $400K

Old 12-15-2007, 07:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteHereICome View Post
Up to $400K
In that price range you will not be able to buy in our most historic area of period homes (Myers Park and Dilworth), but you will get very close. I would suggest you start your search in Chantilly - this is a fairly safe area right outside of uptown with homes in your range. It's next door neighborhood, Elizabeth, is about 10 years ahead of it in being regentrified and is one of my favorite neighborhoods. The only homes you find there under $500,000 now are ones still waiting to rehabbed or updated and remodeled. But Chantilly is only about 50/50 right now, if that much. So you can still find homes there in your range.

Other folks will tell you to check out Plaza Midwood, which does have some GREAT older homes (though most of those are over $500,000 and up). For me it is just a bit too close on one side to some really rough areas of North Davidson (NoDa) and Belmont - a former and sometimes still current rough area which is currently being torn down in some areas to make way for new condo's. In about 5 years it may be much nicer than it is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte