Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:36 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times

Advertisements

^^^^look under "what is authorization?

Old 10-10-2009, 03:42 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

Okay, I see it, now.

For some reason that didn't register the first time I read it.

But that's not exactly some HUGE insult. I mean, I'm sure those women know they're over-weight. I'm sure it's no big secret to them. And I doubt they're walking around thinking they have everyone fooled into thinking their skinny.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:44 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I believe you missed her point.

I believe she was implying that if we were to put all of your lives under a microscope and examine your behavior. We might find none of you are quite as angelic and ethically superior, as you're portraying yourselves to be.

Something to think about, eh?

BTW, insulting people's mothers and calling people trash? Interesting.

I'm guessing all those ethics, values and manners all your mothers supposedly taught you; failed to cross over in your respect for other people.

Quite frankily, when you go about insulting people's mothers and calling them white trash. You're NOT exactly taking the high road and being the better person; you're actually being.....you know ......Trash
Thanks NMyTree! I couldn't have said it better. I would have given you some rep points, but I have to spread them around first.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Thanks NMyTree! I couldn't have said it better. I would have given you some rep points, but I have to spread them around first.
I gave you both reps.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:13 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I know it may. For all I knew they were running far behind on charging me and all I need is the bill . Thats why I havent went and tried to pay some unknown amount now and then risk being charged again...Till then its FREE gas and it will stay that way until I stop buying gas there which may be a long long time....Their machine=their problem not mine! For all I know they may send me a bill 5 years from now for it.I will just wait,,lol Some of these remarks make it seem Im no better than a gun banishing thug who robbed the place and vilolated all three fat women that work there,gimmie a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
What?

Talking smack about the ladies who work there? Where do you see that?

see his post towards the end...

ETA: while you may not feel it is an insult, it surely is. But more to the point, why talk ugly or degrade another to justify or take focus off of one's wrong?

Like my mother always said...."one accuses to excuse."

Last edited by sundrop; 10-10-2009 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: eta

Old 10-10-2009, 04:31 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
I believe she was implying that if we were to put all of your lives under a microscope and examine your behavior. We might find none of you are quite as angelic and ethically superior, as you're portraying yourselves to be.
I sure don't claim to be perfect, I've made my share of mistakes in life (and probably will again) and done some things wrong, even on purpose. However, those mistakes led to humbling yet valuable lessons in my life and I don't feel that 'bragging' about them is appropriate. Whatever short term benefit I generated doesn't eliminate the 'wrong' of my actions. Having previously been wrong does not invalidate one's assessment/correction of wrongdoing by others.

My comments were not to imply my own 'angelic' perfection or to admonish OP but rather to say that I wouldn't do what OP did and would try to remedy the situation. Maybe a long time ago I would have thought more like OP in this situation....but again, lessons learned over time have made me a different person over time. Some people never learn, but I think most do.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Did someone say something about someones mother?

Old 10-10-2009, 04:40 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Did someone say something about someones mother?
yes I sure did, I spoke of my own mother.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:42 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
yes. someone asked how your mother would feel, nativechief, knowing what you did. i responded and said my mom would be the next in line at the pump. I got called trash, and my mom apparently lacks moral integrity.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:03 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I gave you both reps.

Thank you. That's nice of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: