Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:59 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I didnt steal anything, I have no idea how they made the error and if you think I would just go give them a blank check you are crazy.
Keep rationalizing. That's exactly what people do WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE WRONG! Seriously- if you were so interested in people minding their own business, you wouldnt have come on here, and advertised to the world that you ripped someone off. Its nice to see that the reaction I think you were expecting (congratulations and attaboys) was met by completely the opposite.

I suspect that if the gas station had overcharged you on every fill up for a month, you'd damn sure figure out how much gas you'd pumped, and what they owed you! I am embarrassed for you.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 AM

755 posts, read 2,492,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I suspect that if the gas station had overcharged you on every fill up for a month, you'd damn sure figure out how much gas you'd pumped, and what they owed you! I am embarrassed for you.
Good point!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
They should have had someone out there to help traffic so everyone could go in a fair order THEY DIDNT. Because of this I wasted extra time and my time is money so guess what,Im callin it even
Really? Why didn't you tell them that rather than sneak out of there without admitting that you had been undercharged more than once? If you feel so justified in it then you should have owned it to THEM.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:20 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Keep rationalizing. That's exactly what people do WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE WRONG! Seriously- if you were so interested in people minding their own business, you wouldnt have come on here, and advertised to the world that you ripped someone off. Its nice to see that the reaction I think you were expecting (congratulations and attaboys) was met by completely the opposite.

Thanks Dr Phill..lol

Old 10-10-2009, 11:51 AM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
Quote:
I didnt steal anything, I have no idea how they made the error and if you think I would just go give them a blank check you are crazy.When we had gas lines I waited in line a long time at this station to give them my business. They should have had someone out there to help traffic so everyone could go in a fair order THEY DIDNT. Because of this I wasted extra time and my time is money so guess what,Im callin it even LOL You people make me wish I would have gone back thinking it was free and really got alot of free gas. I didnt ,I did business like always but I did go and fill up my boat 2 times but that doesnt count....lol
A lot of people waited in line to get gas during the gas shortage - and paid full posted price for it - without benefit of a "traffic director". Next time your time is so precious, wait until you find a station you don't have to wait in line for.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:00 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Level A Hazmat suit, with supplied air...... Check.

Extra pair of neoprene Hip-Wader boots....check

Hand Sanitizer.....check.

cool.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
I didnt steal anything, I have no idea how they made the error and if you think I would just go give them a blank check you are crazy.
Yes you did, just not deliberately, but now that you know that you have some ill gotten gas, at the expense of the merchant what would you call it?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:25 PM

I've got some bad news for you, Nativechief. A banker acquaintance told me that the $1 debit charge is to check the functionality of the card.

It will catch up...it's very simple to research..when it batches there will be a difference between the machine total and what's posted.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:40 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Good for you NC...

Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
^^^^^Don't rile him up. Now he has the excuse to not go back and wait to see if you and your banker friend are correct. He probably has a thing against banks also. You know. . waiting on line ("time is money"), banks paying low interest, banks charging high fees ("now we're even") and the rest of the deal in rationalizing his robbig the gas station owner.

BTW, op, all this couch work we're doing here is free b/c you suggested you had something on your mind. Initial consultation is free but give us a break. . . we may need to charge for your second and third visit.

See the girl at the front desk to set up an appointment schedule. We'll do our best to rid you of your guilt. Is there anything else you would like to share in public while we're at it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: