Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 AM

295 posts, read 1,297,597 times

Advertisements

I just bought a house with a TON of hardwoods in the Mint Hill/Matthews area. I'm loving the hardwoods ... but now I've got to invest in a bunch of area rugs.

I'm not looking for crazy expensive authentic Oriental or Indian rugs - just the higher quality man made will probably do fine by me. Does anyone have any advice I should follow - or specific places I should look around town (or online?)

I appreciate your help ... the area rug phenomenon is new to me.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:33 AM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
I would take a trip down 85 South into Gaffney South Carolina. There are a TON of outlet stores and a TON of discount area rug places... might be worth the trip. It's about 30-35 minutes out of Charlotte...

Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 AM

8 posts, read 52,993 times
Talking try this online seller

I have used this company quite a few times and I always seem to find something in the clearance section..they do free shipping, have a 30 day guarantee and no sales tax outside of NY..i am always pleased with their stuff....they have a TON of rugs to pick from...hope this helps ..happy shopping!!

http://rugsusa.com/

Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
I think there's still a Capel place in Matthews right across from Windsor Square (Kohls, Sams). it's on the other side of 74 beside ShoMars. That may be a good place to start and then look for pricing. I think it's still there...anyone know for sure?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:45 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Default Discount Rugs

I was in your same shoes. First went to Rug & Home in Gaffney, SC, which has an overwhelming selection! Brought several home and just didn't find what I was looking for. (They were great about letting you try them and bring them back).

Rug and Home in Gaffney
http://www.rugandhome.com/about.php (broken link)

But, ultimately, I walked into Carolina Place Rug Gallery near Carolina Place Mall in Pineville and found that they would MATCH the price on any rug you found anywhere else (including online) if they had it in stock. I lucked up and found the one I wanted and came back to the store with a printout from an online store price and they matched it, so you can't beat that!

Carolina Place Rug Gallery near Carolina Place Mall in Pineville
http://www.ruglinkoutlet.com/ourlocation.asp (broken link)

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Default Cheap Rugs - try carpet remmants

Another thought...some of the carpet outlets have hemmed remmants. I picked up a very cheap berber for the playroom area. Not too worried about spills. If we ruin it, not too much lost.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 PM

254 posts, read 1,057,647 times
pottey barn outlet at Gaffney is great

Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 PM

58 posts, read 307,126 times
Default One option most people don't think of...

We just bought a house with a ton of hardwood floors, too. We went to Variety Carpets in downtown Matthews, chose a couple of carpets we liked, and had several area rugs and runners cut to the exact dimensions we wanted. The store ordered the carpet, cut it to size, and bound the edges.

We ordered some of the carpets in a patterned Berber, and others in a nice nice cut pile carpet. The benefit is that you can choose any carpet the store can order - you aren't limited to rug patterns and colors in stock. You can even have different color carpets on the outer edges to form a border. It was also much cheaper than we could have bought normal area rugs for.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayx5 View Post
I have used this company quite a few times and I always seem to find something in the clearance section..they do free shipping, have a 30 day guarantee and no sales tax outside of NY..i am always pleased with their stuff....they have a TON of rugs to pick from...hope this helps ..happy shopping!!

http://rugsusa.com/

Oh I ordered a rug from them I have my feet one it right now. Excellent quality and great prices on that sight. I think they will match any competitors price on the internet.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:45 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsenator View Post
We just bought a house with a ton of hardwood floors, too. We went to Variety Carpets in downtown Matthews, chose a couple of carpets we liked, and had several area rugs and runners cut to the exact dimensions we wanted. The store ordered the carpet, cut it to size, and bound the edges.

We ordered some of the carpets in a patterned Berber, and others in a nice nice cut pile carpet. The benefit is that you can choose any carpet the store can order - you aren't limited to rug patterns and colors in stock. You can even have different color carpets on the outer edges to form a border. It was also much cheaper than we could have bought normal area rugs for.

Very interesting.......how are the prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte