Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 PM

31 posts, read 58,071 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am new to Charlotte, would like to know the stores where I could purchase carpets/area rugs. Looking for economical options within drivable distance (60 miles).

Thanks in Advance,

RB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,400,538 times
If you do a google search, you will find many.

I like Ethan Allen and Warners Carpet. It all depends on your price range, I have viewed carpet as much as $50,000 that are stain proof and hand made, in fact this section of the store is going out business in March (keeping their Raleigh store open). I am sure the person buying in that range, thinks that it is economical. Let us know how much you truly plan to spend and we will steer you in the right direction.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,055,843 times
When we first moved in we needed several area/room rugs. While Capel's in Matthews served our needs for one of them, we found the remainder at the Rug & Home store at the Outlet Mall in Gaffney, SC. Their prices and selection were by far the best at the time.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,185,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
When we first moved in we needed several area/room rugs. While Capel's in Matthews served our needs for one of them, we found the remainder at the Rug & Home store at the Outlet Mall in Gaffney, SC. Their prices and selection were by far the best at the time.
You'd have to throw your TV out in order to miss a Rug & Home commercial. They have a store in Kannapolis now, which is a bit closer than Gaffney.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM

39 posts, read 65,564 times
Home Depot

Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 AM

31 posts, read 58,071 times
Default Thanks and lower budget ...

Thank You! for the responses, I wish I had 50K to spend on carpets .. my budget is much much lower... so I would be looking for the 'most' economical options.. hope I can find something in Rug and Home.. btw is the Rug and Home in Gaffeny better than the Kannapolis one from a price/selection point of view? Any other outlet stores for carpets?

Thanks,

RB

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,773 times
I've had very good luck at Tuesday Morning if you can believe it. Another great place for area rugs is Ikea. I love both of these stores.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Ollie's? I didn't pay close attention to the quality but they had soft living room sized area rugs for a couple hundred $$$ the last time I was in.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM

415 posts, read 1,150,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
My wife once made the fatal error of bringing me along with her when she went shopping at that Rug & Home in Gaffney.

After about 20 minutes (well maybe more like 5 minutes) I was bored beyond belief and could not take it any more. So, while there were several customers and sales staff within earshot, I very innocently (and a bit loudly) asked her .... "Shouldn't the carpets match the drapes?"

The withering glare and the extended bitching session on the way home were well worth it, because she rarely brings me shopping to places like that anymore.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
My wife once made the fatal error of bringing me along with her when she went shopping at that Rug & Home in Gaffney.

After about 20 minutes (well maybe more like 5 minutes) I was bored beyond belief and could not take it any more. So, while there were several customers and sales staff within earshot, I very innocently (and a bit loudly) asked her .... "Shouldn't the carpets match the drapes?"

The withering glare and the extended bitching session on the way home were well worth it, because she rarely brings me shopping to places like that anymore.
I see what you did there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte