Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2UBPeace View Post
This thread has been very informative yet confusing. For the record what part of Charlotte is the Davis Lake Subdivision located in.
University Area.

NoDa - Area at North Davidson and 36th Street
North Charlotte - Sugar Creek Road/North Tryon Street area (da hood)
Unversity Area - Harris Blvd. from around North Lake mall, east to Rocky River, North to around Prosperity Church/Mallard Creek areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 04:13 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,208,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2UBPeace View Post
This thread has been very informative yet confusing. For the record what part of Charlotte is the Davis Lake Subdivision located in.
It's not referred to by the people living in that area as North Charlotte. Most of the time it is referred to as The University Area because of UNC-Charlotte, University City and University Research Park.

Starting at Randolph Rd and heading counter clock wise you have the following:

• East Charlotte between Randolph and North Tryon
  • University between North Tryon (hwy 49) and Hwy 115 North of Harris Blvd.
  • Northlake around I-77 and Harris.

"North Charlotte" these days is mostly used as a derogatory term for any part of Charlotte north of I-277. Note the comment above about "da hood". The fact of the matter there are rough areas in all parts of the city.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM

3 posts, read 4,815 times
thank you i thougght that was very,very informative and helpful but pls tell me what areas should i avoid living in.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 8,411 times
Default Charlotte North or South?

From my point of view, as a Realtor, I would see if you could find something to buy in south Charlotte proper... Beginning from Fairview Rd. (Southpark area) as the northern boundary to around 485 in the south, between from Randolph/Sardis Rd on the east side (Matthews area) to Park Rd. on the west. This would include the areas near and just south of Ballantyne. You will absolutely have less commute, better amenities and probably the best appreciation (although that always depends on the economy and how long the recession takes to shake out). Check out the values of the homes in the southwest area you are considering. I know of subdivisions that actually lost value in the first few years and others that are taking a very long time to sell.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:38 AM

20 posts, read 52,079 times
Hey All, Am one more person quite baffled with all these different directions!!!!.

All in all, as a standard i hear this:

1. The area North/Northeast( the area above the uptown area and towards and up-till the Univery sity area) is a bit of a second course compared to the South Charlotte. Am i correct?

Schools:I checked about the schools and the gradings do seem to match up to the above statement.

Crime:I would assume the South to be a bit better, but i do hear about car break-ins( esp in the Ballantyne area and close by). One more thing to note is, even if you drive by the area, you can see the affuluenzyy( if thats even a word ;-)) around the South.

Homes, home, homes: Now, coming to the home prices, although the prices are a bit higher in the South, for long will it remain so? If something were to happen(can anything worse than last year ever happen, hopefully not!) but would the North be hit before the South takes the slide? And to the appreciation now: there isnt much of land available in the South, so could be there would be less inventory going forward forcing for the prices to keep stable( if not grow big!!)...

My thoughtsssss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte