Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 07:17 AM

22 posts, read 37,753 times

Advertisements

Closing on a beautiful SHEA built home in concord NC in 2 weeks- we are from westchester county in NY and work in the city-
We are a young 32/29 couple and make mid 100k and can't afford a house in NY it is crazy-
I hope NC works out for us- No jobs yet but both MBA educated and have potential for one of us to work from home and make at least 60k as it stands-
We love it there and want to start a family-

NEW YORK ONLY GOOD FOR THE WEALTHY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2006, 12:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,868 times
Well, all the best to y'all on your move and job search!

Old 07-04-2006, 04:00 PM

414 posts, read 1,381,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domvert
Closing on a beautiful SHEA built home in concord NC in 2 weeks- we are from westchester county in NY and work in the city-
We are a young 32/29 couple and make mid 100k and can't afford a house in NY it is crazy-
I hope NC works out for us- No jobs yet but both MBA educated and have potential for one of us to work from home and make at least 60k as it stands-

Glad to hear that.

I was down in the charlotte area this weekend.

Do you mind if I ask you some questions?

What shea bulit home did you choose?

Did you put money down?

ALso you are going down without having a job?

I live on Long Island and make a good amount but can't afford anything. I have money saved up for a down payment but don't know if i should buy then move down and look for a job for look for a job then buy?

Old 07-04-2006, 04:13 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,473,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domvert

That's Fantastic!!! Best of luck to you. I'm originally from NY but have lived in Az for 18 years. We are heading about 8 miles from Concord. We are going in about 6 months and we are excited. We wish you guys the best of luck!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 05:14 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,964 times
Ya'll will be fine, welcome home!

Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM

38 posts, read 185,209 times
That would be spelled "Y'all'll be fine"

Concord is beautiful. We live near there. Hot & HUMID, but beautiful!

Welcome!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:18 AM

10 posts, read 42,912 times
We also moved to Concord and were Originally from Westchester,MtVernon, and Eastchester. Where are you guy's from? Also Shea has nice homes if you haven't bought yet go on to inest.com and see if you can print off a coupon for closing costs. you can get up to 1 percent back at closing. Good luck let me know where you move to in Concord. We are in Moss Creek.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 174,038 times
Default Moss Creek

We are moving from Long Island to Charlotte. I am seriously considering Moss Creek Village. I've never seen it in person so I would love a first hand account. My concerns are the lots being so close to one another. My main reason is that it seems like a great place to bring up a child. Please comment!

Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 AM

367 posts, read 1,029,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillismoving View Post
We are moving from Long Island to Charlotte. I am seriously considering Moss Creek Village. I've never seen it in person so I would love a first hand account. My concerns are the lots being so close to one another. My main reason is that it seems like a great place to bring up a child. Please comment!
We are moving to Charlotte this week. I am leaving Oregon Wednesday on a 4 day cross country trek to meet the movers. Family is flying out on the 25th. We too have narrowed our choice of communities to build a home between Moss Creek and Glen Grove. Moss Creek does have smaller lots and the houses are on top of each other. I don't think Privacy fences are allowed either since when I was there in April most folks didn't have fences and the ones that did had little picked fences. It is a nice area for familes though. The ammenities are some of the best you will find in Charlotte. The pool complex is huge! I saw a bunch of stay at home Mommies meeting their kids at the bus stop! We are looking at Shea as well if we build in Moss Creek. Glen Grove is a M/I neighborhood with bigger lots and they build really nice homes. We won't make a final decision on which neighborhood we choose until my wife and kids come down in a couple of weeks.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 AM

107 posts, read 121,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillismoving View Post
I visited Moss Creek and thought it was amazing! I was so very impressed. I know you will love it. I live in Charlotte, but it made me think about what it would be like to be over that way.

Best of luck! I hope you love the area as much as I do!

Lester Morris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: