Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM

47 posts, read 187,665 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know if there are county bylaws, zoning regarding dogs in Cornelius? House is not in a HOA and I couldn't find any restrictions on the animal control site on the Cornelius City website. Does anybody know? ie do they ban certain breeds? Only allow certain number of animals etc etc. Thanks in advance. This site has been a huge help already in preparing for our move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,839,220 times
What is the problem exactly? I believe the actual town has no restrictions.

Let me know if I can be any help.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Hi there. no problem, just wanting to make I am ok. We have three very well behaved Dobermans and one ancient retriever cross. All indoor dogs, preferably on my couch or bed...lol. And we work at home so they dogs will never be just left in the backyard to annoy anybody. But I just wanted to make sure that there is not a ban on certain breeds like some areas have for Pittbulls. Or that they would require us to give any of them away if there was a max number of allowed dogs per household. The property is on an 1/2 acres all fenced in of course. I know some cities restrict the amount of dogs you may own and I just don't know where to double check, ie what county website to look for.

http://www.countryhorse.com/hp/images/dogs.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Well if you have multiple more than 3 I would check. Ask for Russ he is the Animal control officer. He is pretty good about calling back.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM

77 posts, read 461,473 times
First I have to say your dogs are so cute on the couch.

Check with companies that you may use for an insurance policy too. My daughter lives in a house I own in NC. Liberty Mutual didn't want more than 3 cats in the house.

They wouldn't insure my son's home when he told them his dog was Aussie and Chow. They had issue with the chow part.This dog will lick you to the point of annoyance but bite nah.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnmouse View Post
Hi there. no problem, just wanting to make I am ok. We have three very well behaved Dobermans and one ancient retriever cross. All indoor dogs, preferably on my couch or bed...lol. And we work at home so they dogs will never be just left in the backyard to annoy anybody. But I just wanted to make sure that there is not a ban on certain breeds like some areas have for Pittbulls. Or that they would require us to give any of them away if there was a max number of allowed dogs per household. The property is on an 1/2 acres all fenced in of course. I know some cities restrict the amount of dogs you may own and I just don't know where to double check, ie what county website to look for.

http://www.countryhorse.com/hp/images/dogs.jpg (broken link)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - what a couple of hams!!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Well if you have multiple more than 3 I would check. Ask for Russ he is the Animal control officer. He is pretty good about calling back.
yes, that's what I am trying to do. But with who? Is there no other website source other then calling Russ? Ie a County website with Code and/or animal control info?

Are they not the cutest.. Dobies are great to hold your sofa cushions down....

Does anybody know about Dog Parks in Cornelius, Davidson or Huntersville?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:57 PM

You said Cornelius. Call the Cornelius police Dept and ask for the Animal Control guy.

There are not "Dog Parks" in the immediate area but they are pet friendly with places to place your dogs "stuff" in the garbage etc. You can be fined for not cleaning up after your pet.

www.cornelius.org will get you going in the right direction for phone #'s etc.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Got it. confusion was on my part. I saw a website http://www.charmeck.org
and it has some info about permits if you have more then 3 dogs I think. Does Cornelius not fall under that County?

I saw Jetton Park which looks like a nice place to walk dogs.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 AM

74 posts, read 348,239 times
Default # of dogs

I have researched this on the Charmeck county website. The rule/law states:

"If you have three or more dogs or cats (in any combination) four months of age or older frequently kept outside, you will need a permit. The main purpose of this permit is to make sure that noise or odor caused by the animals will not interfere with a neighbor's use and peaceful enjoyment of his property. This permit cost $40.00 and is valid as long as the owner is in compliance with the terms of the permit."

You stated that they would be indoor dogs (thank you for being a responsible owner) - so you will not have an issue.

Your dogs are beautiful! My wife and I can't wait to move into the area and have a bunch of four-legged children ourselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte