Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 01:42 AM

16 posts, read 99,393 times

Advertisements

I have two siblings the age of 5 and 16 who are in need of a dentist but have no clue where to look at. I've already tried for some that were recommended to me before but none accepted Medicaid. If there are any good dentists out there that accept medicaid and have a great deal of experience with kids please recommend them to me! I live on Exit 4 on the I-77 and about 4 miles away from the city. Any Help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 08:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Here is the list I found but have no way of knowing how up-to-date it is.

Please continue to search for help for your siblings. In NC, I think the stats are something like only 1 out of every 6 children who QUALIFY for getting Medicaid dental assistance ever get any help!!! So please, do not give up. Addressing dental health is so important and can affect a child's self esteem as well as overall general health.

Good luck and please let us know how this works out.

http://www.ccpgm.org/public/Dental_Providers.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by brokensky; 11-16-2008 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 PM

221 posts, read 724,271 times
I would highly recommend Drs Young and Polite. http://www.youngandpolite.com/WEBbean.cbl?54X3=107&3Y43=202&22Q1=2012&781=132&5Y 76=TK14UDQL&WPG=855 (broken link)

We visited them, and was amazed by their attention to the children. While we were waiting for the dentist, the asistant was blowing bubbles and painting fingernails. Thier office was beautiful and clean. It has a big bubble wave which the children loved. TV's playing movies while getting their teeth cleaned. I know that they accept Medicaid, but unfortunalty for us they no longer accept our PPO.

They are located right off Tryon in the Steele Creek area.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
I don't know any one I can recommend but I do know from watching local TV 36 stay away from Dr. Tish Ballance ... google her name and you will see the names of her clinics and the other dentists involved in the practice ... I don't know if she and her partners are still in the Charlotte area or not. UNC Dental School tells its students not to ever work for her or her partners. She had a clinic on Freedom Dr.

After all the publicity the clinic name was changed ... but they may have relocated. It was terrible what they did to children. A little fellow 5 years old was telling what happened to him ... he had 16 cavities ....the dentist had to drill sixteen of his 20 twenty baby teeth then glued 16 silver caps on - ALL IN ONE SITTING!! That child will probably be traumatized for the rest of his life when the word dentist is mentioned.

Dental Center (http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-ad-12_22_05-dental_centers.28e3d73.html - broken link)

Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,700 times
I would definitely not see Dr Christi Henson in Fort Mill. She is unethical. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte