Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:06 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,966 times

Advertisements

Oh, thanks for the Harley info. My dad rides and when he visits he will surley seek out every Harley shop to collect his dealer dots.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:45 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
We are moving to Huntersville in just 30 days

Just doesn't seem to get mentioned much.

It looks pretty desirable though.... New schools--good scores, lots of shopping and dining establishments, progressive government, lots of community activities, parks and close to lake norman.

Traffic seems to be an issue but after driving the 128/boston route for so many years, we're used to it.

Mark

Double ditto to traffice in Boston I-95/Route 128 is parking lot during rush hour. I purposely went out on I-77 during peak times (morning, noon, and evening). Yes, I encountered some traffic but nothing like NY, MA traffic.

Hey, just think of the great home you'll be driving to, invest in a good ipod and you'll be in great shape

Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,007,617 times
Oh I can't wait for the furniture shopping! I am an Interior Designer our here on the West coast so I will be in heaven out there! DH was talking about moving companies and I told him to forget it! Anything that won't fit in the cars stays! That way I can get all new!

Old 06-04-2006, 02:03 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
Oh I can't wait for the furniture shopping! I am an Interior Designer our here on the West coast so I will be in heaven out there! DH was talking about moving companies and I told him to forget it! Anything that won't fit in the cars stays! That way I can get all new!

Double ditto on that!! That's what I told my husband.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:35 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
Double ditto to traffice in Boston I-95/Route 128 is parking lot during rush hour. I purposely went out on I-77 during peak times (morning, noon, and evening). Yes, I encountered some traffic but nothing like NY, MA traffic.
That's good to hear. I've been viewing the live traffic cams on I-77 and it doesn't look all that bad. But I guess being there is different from looking at a webcam. I'm telecommuting anyway so hopefully won't be affected by it.

Mark

Old 06-04-2006, 05:47 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,255 times
Default The truth about Huntersville

As a native of this area and still living here, I will tell yall the truth about this area. It is VERY crowded. There is no land to build on, Huntersville, Cornelius, or Davidson. Developers have resorted to buying older homes and tearing them down just to get space. The land values are basically unaffordable to the middle class. Its the truth. Taxes rise yearly.

The traffic is terrible. As Ive posted many times before, the roads here are the same as they have been for decades. The area itself is very desirable. These areas are all basically lake communities. Everything is new, really only a matter of a few years old. Lots of shopping and a great area to raise a family. Also the crime seems pretty low.

So you have to weigh your options. For anyone moving here, you will probably have to resort to buying a used (but nice and overpriced house). There is no land left. Sorry. People are now spilling over to the Lincoln county and Catawba county areas. Cabarrus and Union county are pretty much the same as Mecklenburg county already as far as roads and land.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:55 PM

29 posts, read 83,264 times
I would certainly like to hear anything both good and bad about Cornelius; as this is where I was planning to relocate to; but need to learn more; so start saying anything you have experienced there.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
search this forum for any particular city or lake normaan

Old 09-27-2009, 05:43 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
Seems like these towns never get mentioned much as candidates for moving to, how come?
It might be because if you want to live there and work in Charlotte you are facing HEAVY SLOW TRAFFIC along with several hundred thousand others trying to get in and get out every day. Traffic can back up a mile on the entrance ramps just trying to get on I77 . There are frquent bottle necks and wrecks which often makes a 30 minute ride take several hours.....But if thats no issue those places are pretty nice but not any cheaper than charlotte.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Moderator note:
this thread has risen from a current post that has been relocated
This thread is over four years old
Huntersville has changed for the better commute times has been drastically reduced

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte