Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

I was looking for some information in another region for another forum and I came across this North Carolina Farms Inc. - North Carolina Farms Inc.
The address at the bottom says Indian Trail so I am assuming they sell from a Greenhouse. Has anyone been to it and is it open the public?
Most of the plants are sold in 105 plug flats for the prices they list is that a good deal?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 11:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Wow, Sunny. That looks like a place to go get starter plants for a nursery to establish your own business. The prices look great to me, but I am not a nursery owner, LOL. I have always been intrigued by the idea of a greenhouse, tho, and selling to the public. This looks like a wholesale site that has both rooted plants and cuttings so that you can root them yourself. They have so many coleus - I would love to get some of those. I guess you have to have a wholesale license to buy there, or at least - that is what I am assuming. Have you considered contacting them to find out the scoop? I would think if a municipality or HOA needed a lot of plants for landscaping, they would be a great source.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Wow, Sunny. That looks like a place to go get starter plants for a nursery to establish your own business. The prices look great to me, but I am not a nursery owner, LOL. I have always been intrigued by the idea of a greenhouse, tho, and selling to the public. This looks like a wholesale site that has both rooted plants and cuttings so that you can root them yourself. They have so many coleus - I would love to get some of those. I guess you have to have a wholesale license to buy there, or at least - that is what I am assuming. Have you considered contacting them to find out the scoop? I would think if a municipality or HOA needed a lot of plants for landscaping, they would be a great source.
I left a email since they did not have a phone number on their website.
My mom who has recently retired would love to do run a small nursery in her free time and she has the land to do it on.
Now we will have to wait for their response.
The website looks like you can order online but I rather pick my orders up to save on shipping.
Im not a good person to hang out with if you love to shop.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
My mom who has recently retired would love to do run a small nursery in her free time and she has the land to do it on.
The website looks like you can order online but I rather pick my orders up to save on shipping.
Sunny- Phone number is on the top right hand side of the page.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cball75 View Post
Sunny- Phone number is on the top right hand side of the page.

Ok thanks lol I think the header of the website block me from seeing that. I was looking only at the bottom of the page.

I just called and I only got their voice mail.
We could have a city data get your plant meetup lol

Old 05-03-2008, 12:44 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,372 times
You know what is sad? I just google mapped it and I have lived 3 miles from this place since I was 6. I guess that tells you how knowledgeable I am about plants. I just started this phase in my life as I have recently taken out ALL plants around my house to replace them with higher quality plants.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 PM

I should have not posted this at one in the morning I did not research their website very well I just wholesaler and my first thought it does not apply to me I just saw this link to pick up orders http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/directions.pdf

Old 05-03-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cball75 View Post
You know what is sad? I just google mapped it and I have lived 3 miles from this place since I was 6. I guess that tells you how knowledgeable I am about plants. I just started this phase in my life as I have recently taken out ALL plants around my house to replace them with higher quality plants.

But you know - you ARE at a different stage in your life and so now you can really learn about plants and enjoy them! And who knows - maybe they haven't been at this location forever. But I am very very curious now!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Oh, if I had the land, I would be doing some nursery stuff. Your mom could start out small and see how it goes. And you know - you can make greenhouses using wood frames and plastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte