Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:44 PM

87 posts, read 285,764 times

Advertisements

Don't know if anyone has seen it, but another bar is opening up in Indian Trail in the plaza behind Starbucks. I believe it is called Bear's Lair Sports Bar & Eatery? Anyone know anything about it? That makes two places in Indian Trail where one might meet up with neighbors and have a beer, maybe watch a game.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTrailer View Post
Don't know if anyone has seen it, but another bar is opening up in Indian Trail in the plaza behind Starbucks. I believe it is called Bear's Lair Sports Bar & Eatery? Anyone know anything about it? That makes two places in Indian Trail where one might meet up with neighbors and have a beer, maybe watch a game.
Was over there the other day. Looks like a typical sports bar kind of place. Not much going on construction wise though.

BTW, a quick plug for Marc's Bagels and Deli in the same strip. All you NY'ers should really stop by and say hi to Marc. He's a transplant, so he must really know his bagels. He's getting them from NYC and he also has Taylor Ham Pork rolls and sells Boar's Head meats. Bagels aren't a religon to me, but I hope he does well. Always like to see the small independents do well.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,102,578 times
Lucky, I wish Kannapolis would get a sportsbar.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 PM

211 posts, read 708,970 times
where exactly is this & where is the other one?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 13,579 times
Default Muggs

The other one is called Muggs and is over by Harris Teeter. Looks like they ran into some problems with opening that one up however. At first, it was supposed to open in Sept, then Oct, then they had a sign up there looking for investors. Never a good sign...

Hopefully the Bears Lair will indeed open. I am soooo excited to get a sports bar/restaurant in the area. Now I just need one of them to open. I was hoping to watch a few football games there this year. Hopefully playoffs!!!

And yeah, Marcs bagels is very good. We used to go to Panera, but now we go there. My wife loves the fact that they will put butter and cream cheese on the bagel for you, that was one of her pet peeves about Panera. It is nice to have the butter on your bagel melted by the time you get home.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 13,579 times
Default Sun Valley

Oh and this is by Sun Valley High School, over at Monroe and Wesley Chapel in Indian Trail.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 AM

87 posts, read 285,764 times
I think financing has been a problem for a couple of places coming into the area. Pudgies Subs closed as well...with a sign on the door about looking for investors. Never made it there for a sandwich until a couple of weeks ago...and they were closed with the sign. Wish I had the cash to open one of these places up. I think Bear's will be a hit...as long as the food is good. Not a big fan of Sun Valley Cafe (although never tried breakfast).

Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Did anyone hear that the owner of SV Cafe is looking to sell?

That's the rumour....

I'm not surprised, rents are skyhigh in that strip mall. I really think the Mickey D's and the bar/grill will survive out of all those places over there.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:14 PM

8 posts, read 22,099 times
Just wanted to let you all know.

There's a Deli right down the road from those places at the light at Rt 74.
It's right across from the New Lowes that just opened on 74 in Indian Trail. Kinda set back far off the road. We noticed the Sign on the highway as we were driving.

It's called the Jukebox Deli.

I know they have Boar's Head, and say they'll beat anyones prices on Cold Cuts!

We ate there and it was great! I had a Boars Head Rare Roast Beef Sub! We all loved everything! The bread was awsome!

I know they have Taylor Ham Pork Roll Sandwiches there too! Just like back home! On a round roll with salt, pepper, ketchup!

We happened to have our laptop in the car, and they had Free Wireless, so it was cool to just relax and eat in a comfortable surrounding.

I think its all family there. You can really see their heart is in it.

Just thought I'd share! Hopefully they stick around for a long time!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,530 times
ummmmm... anyway... I have been to SV cafe, and it was packed. The only down side for me was that the crowd was a little older and I felt out of place. Really, it is hard to beat the Spartan Grill across the street. They have great food. I hope Bear's makes it open. I would love to try it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte