Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 AM

743 posts, read 2,242,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cball75 View Post
ummmmm... anyway... I have been to SV cafe, and it was packed. The only down side for me was that the crowd was a little older and I felt out of place. Really, it is hard to beat the Spartan Grill across the street. They have great food. I hope Bear's makes it open. I would love to try it out.

We tried SV about two weeks ago for the first time and loved it. My mom was visiting last week and we literally ate their 5 nights out of 7. I am a little tired now but anyway when we went during the week it was not terrible there and actually there were some younger families. They really don't have a kids menu so that may be why there aren't many youngns there.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,060 times
Default Bears Lair

If any one knows when they may open and if they are going to be hiring please let me know. Looking for a job in that line of work. Noticed Muggs stopped construction and kind of worried about Bears Lair b/c they don't even have hiring signs up. if any one sees some info that i may miss feel free to let me know. Thanks stegil80@yahoo.com

Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,426,461 times
Stopped by Marc's Bagels this morning before heading out. They were working on Bear's (Camp Construction is doing the up fit), I would think it won't be too long before they are starting hire up.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,535 times
I was told that the SV McDonald's locks up the inside of their store on Friday nights during and after SV football games, as there have already been a number of fights inside on game nights.

The shopping center isn't even built out yet and there are already problems?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:40 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. The guy who ran the frozen custard store right across the street from the school had lot of problems with the SV kids. Mommas would call him up to find out if their kids were hanging out there. He was forever trying to get them out. I know the Sbux there has problems with the kids too.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 AM

87 posts, read 285,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. The guy who ran the frozen custard store right across the street from the school had lot of problems with the SV kids. Mommas would call him up to find out if their kids were hanging out there. He was forever trying to get them out. I know the Sbux there has problems with the kids too.
Speaking of the custard store...Anyone know what happened to him and the store? We used to go all the time, and then one day - No more custard. Would love to go track him down again if he had a store somewhere else.

Juke box deli is a great little place. We eat there regularly and have some of the best sandwiches I've had in this area. Just hoping people can see that it's there with it being set back so far. I think that whole intersection will get a makeover as more stuff comes in. Pretty sure he is set up in a great location down the road.

Was not a fan of SV Cafe. Someone I know took his grandmother in there. They found a hair in their food. Waitress took the food back to the kitchen. The manager on duty brought the food back out and said, "This is a mistake. No one in my kitchen has hair this color."

Didn't find their food to be all that great the one time I went. My money goes to Trails End in Stallings. Best club sandwich around!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM

211 posts, read 708,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTrailer View Post
Juke box deli is a great little place. We eat there regularly and have some of the best sandwiches I've had in this area. Just hoping people can see that it's there with it being set back so far. I think that whole intersection will get a makeover as more stuff comes in. Pretty sure he is set up in a great location down the road.

Tried to go there today for a late lunch but they closed at 3:00, wth?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTrailer View Post
Speaking of the custard store...Anyone know what happened to him and the store? We used to go all the time, and then one day - No more custard. Would love to go track him down again if he had a store somewhere else.
He was running it full time mosty by himself and a couple of employees. I know he was tired of the whole school hang out thing. When the Sbux opened down the street from him, that pretty much nailed his business.

Re SV Cafe:

Quote:
Didn't find their food to be all that great the one time I went. My money goes to Trails End in Stallings. Best club sandwich around!
Only have had breakfast there, wasn't bad, but nothing special. There are better places around.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:48 AM

161 posts, read 423,270 times
I second the food at the Jukebox Deli, they do an awesome lunch

Old 11-20-2008, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
I just went by Bear's Lair (11/20) and they now have a sign saying they are taking applications and another indicating they will "open soon." I am hopeful and excited!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte