Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry77 View Post
I think it would be interesting if the OP went on the CD forums for Seattle and San Diego and used the same negativity and stereotypical premises he used here.

"I really don't want to live anywhere that it rains everyday and everyone has a cup of coffee (unhealthy) in their hands."

"I don't mind a short commute but I sure don"t want to live anywhere that it takes two hours to go twenty miles (going north from San Diego at rush hour) and I heard there is unhealthy smog as well"

I heard people here say that the San Diego/Seattle area is very cookie cutter, a bit lacking in culture and sometimes "boring". What do you think?

Would like to see the hospitable welcoming replies he might receive

I find it somewhat ironic that someone who abhors closed mindedness appears to be closed minded and is married to a very picky person
ROFL!!!! WORD!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I agree the geography of the area has various type of cultures and lifestyles.

Living in of these cities you get a total different vibe
Greensboro, Asheville, Boone, Asheboro, Lumberton, Nags Head, Wilmington and RDU area even though this one is very similar to Charlotte but you will cross more people who have a techie personality or Type A not that its a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Then you should consider NC, and if not CLT - some other region here. Also, you might like VA, areas in SC and GA . . . if you are into outdoors sports, NC is a beautiful area and so much to offer to the outdoor enthusiast.

Now I like Tampa!!! One of my favorite places to go. But again - I am visiting and so do not deal w/ the oppressive summers. I would tend to stay indoors in that kind of humidity and heat, so that would mean missing the outdoor activities . . . I totally get what you mean.

My point about geography is . . . if you are basically an unhappy person, changing locations will not save you from yourself. But a change to a more compatible environment . . . that is something entirely different.

You should check out NC - Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh . . . if you want some urban mixed in w/ your suburban/country outdoors pursuits. If you want bigger city, try Atlanta. I am particularly fond of Charlottesville, VA as a nice town wh/ mixes university w/ local town - and is surrounded by gorgeous Albemarle County.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by condorito View Post
Thanks for all the responses.I am very busy with work, so It is not like I can come here everyday. I think San Diego or Seattle would be more like what we are looking for. I am basically looking for a relatively liberal city. I abhor conservativism and retrograde ideas as well as the other stuff that goes with it (racial intolerance, closed mindedness and most importantly, RELIGION!) I guess, we will either stay put or move to California or Washington.
okay I have tried to keep my mouth shut..but come on condorito....pratice what you preach!

"I abhor conservativism and retrograde ideas as well as the other stuff that goes with it (racial intolerance, closed mindedness and most importantly, RELIGION"!

Here is what you've said about Hispanics on another thread:

"I was discussing this with my Mother last night and yes, it seems like many Hispanics are racist against Blacks(Mexican Americans mostly in this case). Not a very intellectual, enlightened bunch of people."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------It is a shame that you cast the first stone without even experiencing this area yourself. As someone who was born in AZ (yeah, I saw what your opinion was on AZ too), and lived most of my life in So. CA...I would say my vote would be for you and the misses to stay where you currently live...or move as close as you can to the San Diego border. Charlotte is doing just fine without you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte