Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Crime in Charlotte: civil servants, tax department, martial arts class, increase funding

Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 AM

102 posts, read 121,043 times

Advertisements

I started some complaints about crime in charlotte, I agree and think still it is the same way. But over the few days.. sat down to see what we are really doing.

By saying it is not perfect are we solving the problem no. If you want to be responsible and if you love the city you are in, just do something back to the city. Either by giving more money to the civil servants or donating you time and volunteering so that the people who need to perform there duties can do them more and better.

I am going to write to the tax department for the counties to increase the taxes if needed. Because if we each can donate 100 more and if that help in building more jails and putting the bad guys in.. i am willing to do my part. If you want to face them and beat them up, regardless of age go join some kind of martial arts class and protect yourself and teach 10 people around you how to protect as well. This will help a great deal.

Rather than running away from the problem, try to deal with it. New year is all about promises and wanting to do something different, why not this be one of them you wish to do ?

Cheers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 AM

674 posts, read 811,882 times
Oh gee, thanks so much for asking them to raise my taxes.

There are expenditures that could be cut in some areas to greatly increase funding in other areas. This is what you need to ask our leaders for, not new taxes.

BTW, the tax department does not set taxes, so you'll be wasting a stamp. And lack of jail space does not solve the problem. Stopping crime before it happens does.

Please people, understand your government before you go writing letters.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM

45,217 posts, read 101,150,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlazygc View Post
I started some complaints about crime in charlotte, I agree and think still it is the same way. But over the few days.. sat down to see what we are really doing.

By saying it is not perfect are we solving the problem no. If you want to be responsible and if you love the city you are in, just do something back to the city. Either by giving more money to the civil servants or donating you time and volunteering so that the people who need to perform there duties can do them more and better.

I am going to write to the tax department for the counties to increase the taxes if needed. Because if we each can donate 100 more and if that help in building more jails and putting the bad guys in.. i am willing to do my part. If you want to face them and beat them up, regardless of age go join some kind of martial arts class and protect yourself and teach 10 people around you how to protect as well. This will help a great deal.

Rather than running away from the problem, try to deal with it. New year is all about promises and wanting to do something different, why not this be one of them you wish to do ?

Cheers!!!
While I certainly appreciate your good attitude and willingness to be proactive there are some things you need to understand, one of which is that jail space is not a problem - we have a beautiful new jail which doesn't ever reach 100% occupancy. The problem there is that we don't have enough sheriff's deputies to staff it - there is a lack of funding from the state. I would suggest if you want to write anyone you write the governor.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,766,766 times
Also write or call the state legislators of this area. Each link below are the names for Mecklenburg County and you can view their contact information. Due to state laws many of the infrastructurfe issues are control in some degree by the state.

House:
Becky Carney
Tricia Ann Cotham
Beverly M. Earle
Ric Killian
Ruth Samuelson
Thom Tillis
Senate:
Daniel G. Clodfelter
Charlie Smith Dannelly
W. Edward (Eddie) Goodall
Malcolm Graham
Robert Pittenger

Old 01-03-2008, 12:50 PM

102 posts, read 121,043 times
Thanks i will write to the governer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: