Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 09:05 PM

10 posts, read 12,181 times

Advertisements

I'll admit I never really watched the Hornets/Cats play before since I am a Bulls fan*sigh* (oh so many issues going on with my team, but that's another topic for another day) Anyways, I highly enjoyed the game the Hornets/Cats gave the Heat. So close! I was really biting my nails how they were outscoring the Heat up until the last quarter. I was actually excited to see them possibly beat the Heat, it didn't happen.
Never the less the Hornets/Cats have some young talented guys that earned a place and respect in my heart. I'll continue to watch them. I think I'm falling for the Hornets. I got stung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,504,888 times
They are certainly more fun to watch when they are at least competitive! I think they are still a high draft pick or two from being "there" but I do like the intensity this year and obviously the wins, even the loss at Miami gave signs of maybe, just maybe, turning things around.

If you are stung now, wait till you get into the Hive when it's Alive next season! haha

Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 AM

84 posts, read 211,502 times
I'm a lot like the OP. I moved here in 95 and never became a huge fan of the original Hornets or the Bobcats, but also never had an NBA team I was really a fan of. I followed players more than teams. But I'm planning on going all in on the new Hornets.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 AM

10 posts, read 12,181 times
Ok the Hornets/Cats still exciting to watch, but just off the two games I've seen away from home. The defense seems to keep them in the games, as they have this "grind it out" style of play lots of defense and points from the free throw line. The team remains solid for 3 quarters but come the 4th big leads(for them) comes down to the wire. Passing needs to get tighter. The team really needs some offensive guns. Once again just like with the Heat, the Hornets/Cats kept the Mavs at bay but then Dierk got hot and nobody from Hornets/Cats could respond back.
I think everybody on that team has strong points and weakness, but clearly its looks like you have to earn a rotation spot in the Hornets nest unless the reserves are that bad or inexperience. Your backups and their backups need to be able maintain the solid defense and have incredible offense skills too. I don't know what practice is like for them but if you dropping solid threes from the downtown in college and you were consistent, rotate them in the game. Especially if they still dropping solid threes in practice(under pressure). The defense is great but eventually if the other team got solid shooters they will be using it. Well that's my opinion so far. Maybe things are different when at home. I'll see. It was a game the Cat's/Hornets should've won.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:00 PM

834 posts, read 1,033,147 times
I move here in '93 and remember Johnson and Bowles. I can't say they were that exiting though, especially on paper..

Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 AM

83 posts, read 185,788 times
Right now they'd be a playoff team. Only 3 teams in the Eastern Conference are above .500.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,504,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
I move here in '93 and remember Johnson and Bowles. I can't say they were that exiting though, especially on paper..
Bowles? I'm assuming you meant Muggsy Bogues? If you went to any games at all you'd know it was very much an electric atmosphere in the old Hive, dunno about paper though, but paper never excites me.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,361,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
Where were they going?

I agree with Wolf. Paper isn't exciting. The Hive was Alive back in the day. I'm all for getting the name back, but a lot more than that needs to happen to make the team more exciting. I see very little of the Cats now, because I'm not a basketball fan in general. But when I do see them they always seem sullen and unwilling (unable?) to communicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte