Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 13,678 times

Advertisements

I am going to be relocating to the area in about a month , my work is going to be in Kings Mountain. So I was thinking about the Gastonia Area , any suggestions??? It doesn't have to be Gastonia, Just figured I would stay halfway between kings mtn and Charlotte. My wife works from home and I have a 10 month old daughter. So schools are not a deciding factor as of right now, we are goint to rent for a year and then figure out if we want to buy. Any suggestions???????

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 02:46 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,684,082 times
If you're relocating for a job in Kings Mountain... why are you not living... in Kings Mountain? Where are you relocating from? Where's your job? Is the commute a concern?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,747,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg View Post
I am going to be relocating to the area in about a month , my work is going to be in Kings Mountain. So I was thinking about the Gastonia Area , any suggestions??? It doesn't have to be Gastonia, Just figured I would stay halfway between kings mtn and Charlotte. My wife works from home and I have a 10 month old daughter. So schools are not a deciding factor as of right now, we are goint to rent for a year and then figure out if we want to buy. Any suggestions???????

Thanks
I live in Kings Mountain. Will you be working at Steag or Disney? Right now rentals are tight in Kings Mountain. Look at Afton Place in Gastonia.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM

I currently live in West Virginia but work in Maryland... My commute is close to 1 hr and it's killing me...

My job will be in Kings Mountain, for 84 Lumber.
I'm trying to stay in a somewhat bigger town, but I don't feel like looking in Charlotte cuz the commute would be a bit long.

I'm trying to stay within 30 mins of kings mtn, looking for a safe place.

I appreciate all the help!

Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
I currently live in West Virginia but work in Maryland... My commute is close to 1 hr and it's killing me...

I'm trying to stay in a somewhat bigger town, but I don't feel like looking in Charlotte cuz the commute would be a bit long.

Then it does sound like Gastonia is where you need to be looking.

Look more on the east side.

Southbound would be a good resource for you on specific places to look into, so you may want to talk with her on direct message.

Best of luck!

Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:

I heard something about 84 Lumber coming in here a while back.

Check out the apartment that I told you about. it's very nice. It's the old high schol that's been converted to apartments. If they don't have an opening post back here. By the time that your daughter is 4 & ready for preschool you want to be living in Kings Mountain for schools.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 PM

I just looked up the location That's out in the twp almost to Grover. You don't want to be any closer to Charlotte than Gastonia & still have a 30 minute drive.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 AM

Thanks for all the input !
What is the Afton place you talk about Southbound??? I tried looking it up but found nothing.

So I'm leaning to the Village at Ballantyne in SE Gastonia, looks pretty awesome and brand new, anybody heard anything about it ???

On another topic , any suggestions on Pediatricians????? I got a 10 month old and my wife's been grilling me to ask about that , thanks!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the input !
What is the Afton place you talk about Southbound??? I tried looking it up but found nothing.

So I'm leaning to the Village at Ballantyne in SE Gastonia, looks pretty awesome and brand new, anybody heard anything about it ???

On another topic , any suggestions on Pediatricians????? I got a 10 month old and my wife's been grilling me to ask about that , thanks!
I'm sorry, I lost my mind. It's Ashley Arms. I go passed someplace that's Afton when I'm in Gastonia.

I don't normally drive that particular stretch of New Hope Road, where Village at Ballantyne is but it's a nice area. There are lots of nice apartments in Gastonia. If your daughter was school age I'd tell you to stay between Union Road & Redbud for the elementary schools there.

People who I see at & around Ashley Arms tend to either be older or people with very young children.

I can't help you with pediatricians, but Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte has opened a branch in Gastonia. Gastonia Location . I'd contact them for pediatrician names.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,920 times
I live in Kings Mountain and work in Gastonia. Kings Mountain is a small town but for me, it is a great fit. I can be at the Charlotte airport in 30 minutes (faster than most who live in Charlotte.) The Kings Mountain school system is great. The police force has been working hard to keep crime down. Kings Mountain has been in the news with some large drug bust, meth labs manly, from the police departments efforts to have a clean county. Let's say that Kings Mountain is doing something about the problem and be nice to the neighboring communities I will leave it at that.

I would highly suggest taking a closer look at Kings Mountain. You can rent a house in Kings Mountain cheaper than an apartment in Gastonia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte