Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 AM

17 posts, read 33,436 times

Advertisements

OK, so my mother just retired and moved down to Concord I visited her this past month, and I absolutely feel in love with the town of Davidson (summers walk), and Cornelius (Antiquity with the wonderful Red covered bridge). I know the taxes and prices of homes are higher in these parts though not high at all compared to where I live now in NJ. Also when I checked schools in these towns (2 and 7 year olds) they all seem way above average with Davidson getting all 10's! So my question being why the hate for Mecklenburg? Reading a lot of these posts make it seem like the schools are gonna suck because of Mecklenburg county alone, which seems to make little to no sense at all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,291,021 times
At one time kids in Davidson were bussed across the county for racial integration purposes. People moved across the county line to escape the long arm of CMS. Even today, these issues persist. The article below is about Huntersville which is next to Davidson & Cornelius.

Was Stumptown Elementary Sacrificed To Appease NAACP

This is why people choose to simply avoid CMS all together. Each year they change assignments like someone playing checkers to satisfy political agendas.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:13 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,201,429 times
there are some great schools in Meck. Co.. They are fed by students from homes where the parents take an active role in the education of their child.

people get sick of the meck. co. PC tapdance. most productive citizens are sick of spending more money and resources on poorly performing schools when it's obvious that the problems at these schools begins and ends in the home (not at the county budget office).

Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,291,021 times
Oh and CMS just put out this piece of propaganda. It's a video of catch phrases, buzzwords, and slogans. It's puts forth the message that CMS is doing an excellent job yet needs to be funded for "reform" and a whole host of similar things to fix... what?

It sounds like a pitch for a new weapons system without describing what it does. God help the kids being sent to a school system with this type of administration.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:58 AM

17 posts, read 33,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
At one time kids in Davidson were bussed across the county for racial integration purposes. People moved across the county line to escape the long arm of CMS. Even today, these issues persist. The article below is about Huntersville which is next to Davidson & Cornelius.

Was Stumptown Elementary Sacrificed To Appease NAACP

This is why people choose to simply avoid CMS all together. Each year they change assignments like someone playing checkers to satisfy political agendas.

yes I was originally told that Davidson kids goto North Meck so I had taken it off my list. I started considering Mooresville due to my understanding that there school system is one of the best, but when I found out Davidson kids were getting there own HS I quickly changed my mind! Mooresville is a little to rural for me.

That article is typical and kinda what happens in darker area's around me. We call it "Abbott School Districts" they get millions and millions of $$$$ to give the kids and PARENTS whatever they need, including free day care for babies and after school care to get the job done yet the tests scores never improve?!?! When are they gonna learn pumping money into these so called Abbott schools doesn't work. Like said above school begins and ends at home....

Last edited by dogo; 07-19-2011 at 08:53 AM..

Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,323,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogo View Post
yes I was originally told that Davidson kids goto North Meck so I had taken it off my, so I started considering Mooresville due to my understanding that there school system is one of the best, but when I found out Davidson kids were getting there own HS I quickly changed my mind! Mooresville is a little to rural for me.

That article is typical and kinda what happens in darker area's around me. We call it "Abbott School Districts" they get millions and millions of $$$$ to give the kids and PARENTS whatever they need, including free day care for babies and after school care to get the job done yet the tests scores never improve?!?! When are they gonna learn pumping money into these so called Abbott schools doesn't work. Like said above school begins and ends at home....
Remember, It takes a village!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte