Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,084,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy View Post
Where do you live? We are in Lawson and they don't deliver out here yet, but if enough people are interested they will.
I think the two of us may have discussed this before ...

I know between this group and another I frequent, several of us (from different areas) contacted them and were told we weren't in the service area. I had actually placed an order before finding out. I can't recall if the gentleman I spoke to said he was keeping track of those who contacted him or not, to gage whether they had enough customers to begin delivery in some of the newer areas.

We're not too far off of 200S, outside of Monroe.

Sara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 06:46 PM

673 posts, read 2,680,052 times
Curious, but what is the benefit of having these things delivered to your home? Don't you still have to go to the grocery store for other items? Is it cheaper or better quality?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Emy

113 posts, read 408,851 times
Much better quality. Definitely not cheaper. We have enough kids that it just makes it easier to have things delivered. Plus the milk and other dairy products are rbst free which is important to us. The quality is much superior to what you would find in a grocery store and so is the taste.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:46 PM

217 posts, read 890,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy View Post
Much better quality. Definitely not cheaper. We have enough kids that it just makes it easier to have things delivered. Plus the milk and other dairy products are rbst free which is important to us. The quality is much superior to what you would find in a grocery store and so is the taste.
That is what I just just thinking, the quality of it. rbst is important to us too. We have prostate cancer on my side and dh's side. We have two boys so it is a big deal to us.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM

241 posts, read 891,486 times
People actually still deliver milk? I thought that that was just one of those things you saw on the black and white tv shows. Wow..I am amazed.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:59 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaranicole View Post
People actually still deliver milk? I thought that that was just one of those things you saw on the black and white tv shows. Wow..I am amazed.
Yep, in the northeast its actually very, very common still. The cost is probably 2/3 higher than what you pay in the supermarket, but you can't compare the quality.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Emy

113 posts, read 408,851 times
If anyone is close to Lawson and interested in this, please pm me and maybe we can get it going here. On another note, Trader Joe's is opening at the corner of Rea Rd and Bevington Rd on Aug.17. All of their dairy is rbst free and the price is incredibly low. I can't say enough good about Trader Joe's. I plan on being there the moment they open.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 AM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
OK. I just spoke to the fellow from lakeview farms that Emy recommended. He is everything I was hoping he'd be. He does deliver to my area in Marvin. He said that if people in one particiular neighborhood get together and can get at least 8-15 people, that they will deliver to them. He said that this happened in St. John's Forest, and they now have service.

He does charge $2.50 for each delivery, and his stuff is priced about what you'd see it sold for at Earthfare and those other organic type food stores. All his stuff is non-hormone and he gets items like cheeses from small mom-pop places that are 4th generation cheesers.

I've got two little ones at home, so we pretty much go through dairy products at a fast rate. And I don't have time to be running to the supermarket every 5 minutes for that. I plan on stalking the aisles of Trader Joe's as well, but I'll probably go every other week...so not enough to merit trips for just milk.

Oh, and by the way, they deliver milk in them old fashioned glass bottles! And they take 'em back when you're done to recycle 'em.

Lisa

Old 08-09-2007, 11:54 AM

476 posts, read 1,575,427 times
Definitely better quality for sure.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:48 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Default Slow Food Charlotte

Was just browsing the food section of the Charlotte Observer and came across this link for a new forum about healthy farm-to-market food. Thought you guys might like to take a look....

About Slow Food Charlotte - Slow Food Charlotte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte