Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:07 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,503,641 times

Advertisements

I have never experienced so many problems with a network as I have since I have moved here.

We watch several shows on CBS but since moving here, we have had shows with no sound (some CSIs were in there a couple of years ago), shows with sound but no picture, stuttering picture quality, and dead air time!

What is WITH CBS in Charlotte? I was actually glad when WBTV was not going to cooperate with Directv.....I was hoping for another CBS station to take it's place!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 03:54 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,538,272 times
I think its your carrier....we don't have cable or satellite and never have any issues.
WBTV is what network we watch 98% of the time.

Contact your carrier and complain and see what they say.......

Old 02-26-2011, 04:07 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,059,472 times
yeah, when I was having those issues, Time Warner had to install new cable for me. Apparently, the previous cable was not strong enough (not sure that is the right term...but, the signal was too strong for the previous cable that I had).

Don't think that another CBS outlet can broadcast here. I am fairly certain that the outlets are determined by the regions. That is why (in major cities) you don't find two (or more) CBSs or ABCs...

Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 PM

518 posts, read 2,063,401 times
Yeah, it's your cable, or satellite.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Really? How odd. Why does it only happen with this station? All the others seem fine.

We do have Directv. Not really sure what they could do to fix it.

Dawn

Old 02-26-2011, 04:36 PM

1,661 posts, read 3,293,734 times
If you get a cheap antenna, you can pick up the over the air broadcast of WBTV. It should be easy to receive even with the cheapest antenna if you live in Charlotte. This will quickly tell you where the fault lies. You can also pick up 3.2 which is THIS TV.

This TV Home - Charlotte - WBTV A free, premium channel for your favorite Movies and TV shows

Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,059,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Really? How odd. Why does it only happen with this station? All the others seem fine.

We do have Directv. Not really sure what they could do to fix it.

Dawn
You should complain anyway. I also don't know what they can do, but, it's worth a complaint. (maybe you'll get a credit on your bill?)

Old 02-26-2011, 04:51 PM

So far we haven't gotten very many channels with an antenna. We may try a rooftop, but we live on a hill covered in trees. So many in fact, that Dish TV said they couldn't even give us service. The only way I will try a rooftop is if I can return it if it doesn't work.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
If you get a cheap antenna, you can pick up the over the air broadcast of WBTV. It should be easy to receive even with the cheapest antenna if you live in Charlotte. This will quickly tell you where the fault lies. You can also pick up 3.2 which is THIS TV.

This TV Home - Charlotte - WBTV A free, premium channel for your favorite Movies and TV shows

Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Called Directv and they said it must be a broadcasting issue. UGH! I figured that would happen.....

I told her that my friends with CABLE haven't had this issue and she said that they get different feeds than the cable company but that noone else has reported it so it must be my receiver.

I explained that it is happening on ALL of our receivers, not just one.....and she said she can't help me at all unless I call WHILE it is happening. I don't watch live TV, so how can I call when it is happening? And even if I did, by the time I call to trouble shoot it would be over anyway.

Meanwhile, I am missing full 15 minute segments of shows. I just watched 42 min. of Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior taped last night. The final 18 minutes are complete silence! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully my DTV contract is up in April. I am not sure what to do since I hate TWC and we can't get Dish. But I hate paying for TV I can't get.

Thanks for listening to my RANT.....just very frustrated at the moment.

Dawn

Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,538,272 times
Perhaps its the dvr??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte