Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 PM

356 posts, read 372,176 times

Advertisements

[quote=aduke;17778911]We are in Lawson the Ryland section.

I can't find Lawon on Trulia.com or Zillow. Is that in Myers Park or Providence Plantation? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,172,820 times
Lawson is a neighboorhood in Waxhaw. Several builders were in there -- there are some resales and a few lots right now. It's a great community -- check out this website for some additional information: Lawson :: A Pace/Dowd Community, Waxhaw, NC (http://www.historiclawson.com/ - broken link)

Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM

985 posts, read 1,903,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard2 View Post
For those living in the Ballantyne, Waxhaw, Or Weddington areas, how many planned activities (dance, soccer, tutoring,gymnastics, etc) do your kids have in a weeks time? Do the neighborhood kids play together? Are there kickball games on the street? Are you friendly with most of your neighbors? I'm concerned about making a move only to find the same lifestyle we're trying to get away from.
Well, we just moved here BUT there are kids always out in our area, and many do go to the public schools. The boys do throw around a football etc in each others yards. I have seen kids with lacrosse sticks, kids biking, kids using the sand volleyball by the pool, kids just being kids.

We had this to a degree where we moved from, except for one of my children (there weren't as many of that age group).

Anyway, if you look you can find it. We also had a requirement of having a backyard, which some areas seem to have more so than others. I mean one you can throw a ball in or put a net in etc.

Not sure about keeping up with the Joneses but as I said we just moved here...3.5 weeks ago

adding: and as for scheduled activities, none for mine yet but that won't last, but the neighborhood kids all seem to play a sport, haven't heard of anyone going to tutoring etc. But on the weekends there are kids and families out. As for neighbors, some came over and introduced themselves even from the street behind, we had a bonfire with the neighbor a couple doors down, our kids are close in age...I hope to meet more as we head to spring

Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM

39 posts, read 104,262 times
Where is "here"?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Lawson is a neighboorhood in Waxhaw. Several builders were in there -- there are some resales and a few lots right now. It's a great community -- check out this website for some additional information: Lawson :: A Pace/Dowd Community, Waxhaw, NC (http://www.historiclawson.com/ - broken link)
What a coincidence, a couple of houses that my husband and I really like are on Longview Country Club Dr. Isn't that in your area??? We haven't seen them in person, but plan to over the summer if they are still available. I looked at the link you put up. Seems like a very nice community. A little less cookie cutter than others that I have seen in the Charlotte area. I have also heard good things about a couple of the builders of your development. Have you been happy with your home? Is there a village of Waxhaw or something similar? Thanks for your input.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM

79 posts, read 280,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard2 View Post
What a coincidence, a couple of houses that my husband and I really like are on Longview Country Club Dr. Isn't that in your area??? We haven't seen them in person, but plan to over the summer if they are still available. I looked at the link you put up. Seems like a very nice community. A little less cookie cutter than others that I have seen in the Charlotte area. I have also heard good things about a couple of the builders of your development. Have you been happy with your home? Is there a village of Waxhaw or something similar? Thanks for your input.

I think that road is in the "Longview" development, which is a gated, country club community. Lawson is further south off Providence Rd - maybe 5 miles.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM

441 posts, read 1,488,851 times
My wife and I are born and raised North Carolinians. Charlotte and the surrounding areas is not the Carolinas we grew up in. What you have is such a melting pot of different personalities and cultures that do not have the years of growing up together and having the family group that most small towns have, so there seems to be a huge disconnect for the most part. Everyone has so little time, that there isn't much time for others. It is so strange to me to drive through a development and not see anyone outside. The people have become rude and self serving. Good luck to you.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racewire20 View Post
My wife and I are born and raised North Carolinians. Charlotte and the surrounding areas is not the Carolinas we grew up in. What you have is such a melting pot of different personalities and cultures that do not have the years of growing up together and having the family group that most small towns have, so there seems to be a huge disconnect for the most part. Everyone has so little time, that there isn't much time for others. It is so strange to me to drive through a development and not see anyone outside. The people have become rude and self serving. Good luck to you.
I know what you mean. It is so unfortunate. I think what I'm trying to find for my kids is what I had as a child, but I don't think it exists anymore. I guess I should post a broad question out to the city-data board asking people to chime in why they think their neighborhood is best, or who has a neighborhood closest to " Mayberry".

Old 03-11-2011, 07:02 AM

Default Longview Country Club and Skycroft Neighborhoods

What quality of life issues should I be aware of in these two areas aside from schools, home prices, and commuting?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,036,813 times
"quality of life issues". What does that mean to you as it could mean something different to any person?

What's your budget for housing? Do you plan to use public or private schools?

I have concerns making any recommendations or replying seriously to this when you're talking Lawson, Longview, and Skyecroft all in the same thread. If you ever visit the area you'll realize that's mildly amusing to consider those 3 in the same "category".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte