Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times

Advertisements

I quit going to the games because I can't justify paying $20 to park, $40 for a ticket, $6 for a warm beer that will inevitably be knocked from my hands before I return to my seat, and mostly because I am not going to go into that stadium and give them any money if I can't smoke there.

So, I hope they win, but F 'em anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:55 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Where are all the Panther fans? Are you all not attending your games anymore? Whats up with that?? Blackouts coming soon? Thats not good Charlotte.
One of the biggest problems with Charlotte sports is 75% of the people in Charlotte are not from Charlotte... and the same people who move here still support their home team.

It sucks =p

Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 AM

644 posts, read 1,429,961 times
I don't really agree with that being a reason people don't go to games. Pretty much everywhere you go now no one is from there. I think its because a lack of any superstars....I can't name one Person from either of Charlotte teams. No one stands out or does anything spectacular

Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Again, this is not rocket science. Put a good product on the field and you will get more fannies in the seats. Yes, there are alot of non-natives, but people showed up when they had the run a couple years ago before they got bounced by Arizona, so that point doesn't fly. Jerry made the decision to cost cut because most likely he's banking on a lockout next year (JMHO). As a result, you have a wasted year.....I just wish there was more accountability and holding people's feet to the fire....you have none of that in this town.

Just like the Bobcats situation, they finally made it to the playoffs (even though they got swept by the Magic), more people showed up (except those natives that are bitter about the hornets leaving).....MJ understands that and is trying to make it conductive to winning and filling the seats....

Old 10-14-2010, 10:38 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull75 View Post
I can tell you as a Bobcats season ticket holder that they actually LOWERED the price of tickets. Jordan understands that Bob Johnson was trying to gouge people and knows that doesn't work, especially when you don't have a Kobe Bryant or Lebron playing on the team every night. So, not sure where anyone got that info, but it's inaccurate. If the Bobcats start becoming a regular playoff team and the popularity of the team expands, you'll see a bit of an increase, but that's economics 101 so it should be expected.
From a ticket package perspective, yes the prices are lower. From a single game ticket perspective, they went up. Last year, I was in lower bowl for $45... this year I am semi-middle of upper bowl for the same price point for the few amount of games I will come out to (I wish I had enough money to get season tickets for my fiance and I).

In agreeance with another post, yes when you compare Charlotte against some other NBA teams their prices are lower. But outside of the big name teams i.e. Heat, Lakers, Magic, Celtics, etc, they have a hard time selling out. Ask the Heat franchise prior to Lebron showing up how the seats were last year Make the seats more affordable and you will see a lot more people coming i.e. more profit.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 PM

128 posts, read 272,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
From a ticket package perspective, yes the prices are lower. From a single game ticket perspective, they went up. Last year, I was in lower bowl for $45... this year I am semi-middle of upper bowl for the same price point for the few amount of games I will come out to (I wish I had enough money to get season tickets for my fiance and I).

In agreeance with another post, yes when you compare Charlotte against some other NBA teams their prices are lower. But outside of the big name teams i.e. Heat, Lakers, Magic, Celtics, etc, they have a hard time selling out. Ask the Heat franchise prior to Lebron showing up how the seats were last year Make the seats more affordable and you will see a lot more people coming i.e. more profit.
For single game tickets, I can see that. They are really pushing the game packages (5, 10 games, etc) so they are cutting prices there to give you a better deal. I'm sure they'll have promotions throughout the season too... I mean, you have to do something to get people to see the Timberwolves or Grizzles play on a Monday night, right?

Old 10-14-2010, 04:18 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Yikes, people that say "are all bears fans so annoying," Im guessing have been to a very select few sporting events in their lifetime. I think at literally every single baseball (been to easily over 200) game ive been to, or NBA (about 10) NFL (about 3) game fans of both sides have always acted like idiots. Especially traveling fans. Fans are passionate, often intoxicated and numerous, that combination is bound to yield some morons. Regardless if they are wearing bears jerseys, or Tampa Bay Ray duds.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:52 PM

249 posts, read 499,376 times
As a potential future PSL owner, I'm loving the 0-5 record. In the meantime, I'll continue to be a Checkers STH. That experience has been great so far.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:08 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac Nation View Post
As a potential future PSL owner, I'm loving the 0-5 record. In the meantime, I'll continue to be a Checkers STH. That experience has been great so far.
Win or lose, crappy team or national champions, hockey games are a BLAST!

Old 10-20-2010, 04:41 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yikes, people that say "are all bears fans so annoying," Im guessing have been to a very select few sporting events in their lifetime.

Then you would be wrong.
But you are correct saying it is not limited to Bear's fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: