Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,990 times

Advertisements

I'm a new young professional to the Charleston area and am looking around for a loft style apartment downtown or an apartment on the east end by the capitol building. I work on Capitol Street downtown so anything in the are would work perfectly.

I've searched and searched online to try and find a possible loft downtown but havent found much. Its pretty obvious that most apartments aren't advertised online. The only loft style downtown that I came across are the apartments in the Loewenstein Building. Does anybody know of or recommend another place?

I'm also open to the idea of living over on the east end by the Capitol building. I've noticed that a lot of these apartments are older syle and very visually appealing. Could anybody recommend an apartment over there?

My last option would be to get in contact with a realtor and find a place this way, but I'd rather not if I didnt have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,107,153 times
You might want to get in contacy with a realtor because some almost all of the apartments within both areas are not openly advertised. For example, the East End is full of apartment buildings owned by single families.

Do you have a car? I would recommend either one, but if had to pick between the two would do downtown. Walking would be a huge advantage, and there are alot of great stores and restaurants right there on Capitol St. But the East End has alot to offer to.

Have you visited before?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,963 times
I was in the exact situation as you two weeks ago. I am a young professional with a job on Capitol St and was hoping to find an apartment downtown. I couldn't find one though and took the realtor route and got a place on the east end. It's two bedrooms and I was thinking about getting a roommate if it came up. It was just remodeled and is pretty large. If you want to check it out or hang out as newcomers to the area let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston