Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:12 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,884,618 times

Advertisements

WV people investing in WV--I LOVE IT! I hope he is very successful with this project. I particularly like the idea of using the discharged gases to be burnt to generate the electricity power the facility (or maybe facilities).

Mr. Neely has always been an interesting individual. I sincerely wish him the best on this project.

Personally, if WV gets a plant from the "big company" I expect New Martinsville to get it because of the closer proximity to the majority of the Marcellus gas in OH and PA. There is tough competition for that plant from OH and PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 07:42 AM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
WV people investing in WV--I LOVE IT! I hope he is very successful with this project. I particularly like the idea of using the discharged gases to be burnt to generate the electricity power the facility (or maybe facilities).

Mr. Neely has always been an interesting individual. I sincerely wish him the best on this project.

Personally, if WV gets a plant from the "big company" I expect New Martinsville to get it because of the closer proximity to the majority of the Marcellus gas in OH and PA. There is tough competition for that plant from OH and PA.
It is great that somebody in WV has the guts to take advantage of what we have. We are too busy as a state waiting for someone else to do the work.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM

282 posts, read 485,156 times
For the cracker facility, I think anywhere from New Martinsville south to the Parkersburg/Vienna metro area would be good for NWWV. Parkersburg is at the cross-section of I-77 and Corrider D, so that would make a lot of sense for transportaion, and of course the Ohio River and rail. But again, anywhere in this region would be good, in fact anywhere in WV would be better than another state getting this.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM

532 posts, read 1,091,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
It will be impressive if he can actually raise $1 billion by Friday. That's a lot of money for a private investor to raise. There is no question that Marcellus has tremendous potential for the counties where it is located, and to a lesser extent to neighboring counties as well. New Martinsville/Marshall County also hopes to attract a large cracker facility.
He was on Hoppy today and said that was incorrect.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,052,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupMcToots View Post
He was on Hoppy today and said that was incorrect.
I thought it must be incorrect. That would be a daunting task for somebody in a rich area, let alone Charleston, WV. $1 billion is a lot of money.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 AM

Two VERY experienced engineers have been hired by Neely to help develop the plant.

Engineers hired to develop Kanawha cracker plant* - News - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,052,264 times
I have a hunch the development isn't the problem. That's a lot of money to raise, and business capital is hard to raise these days.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I have a hunch the development isn't the problem. That's a lot of money to raise, and business capital is hard to raise these days.
I hear that this guy is very well connected, and he has some big time investors lined up. But still you are right, that is alot of capital to raise. If he can do it, he's on heck of a businessman.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:22 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,884,618 times
There are three kinds of people in the world:
1...Those who make things happen
2...Those who watch things happen
3. Those who wonder what happened

I sense that Mr. Neely might just be the #1 type with this thing. I certainly hope so!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
There are three kinds of people in the world:
1...Those who make things happen
2...Those who watch things happen
3. Those who wonder what happened

I sense that Mr. Neely might just be the #1 type with this thing. I certainly hope so!
Agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston