Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:35 PM

334 posts, read 626,556 times

Advertisements

WE love the show, and it's no more scripted than others. scripted makes one think of lines written, it's NOT that. The scripted part goes to locations and times set for parties,, phone calls, lunch etc. One person is given a couple questions to ask, and that's it.
We talk about the people and stuff we know they have done via news all week. LOL. We have no life, BUT I'm glad mine is no where near as complicated as most of their's. This show and Vanderpump Rules will be on for 20 yrs. The ratings are gold. Good as Kardashians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 12:13 AM

455 posts, read 671,225 times
We just had family in from Wisconsin who watch SC all the time. My daughter in NYC is hooked. When people come to visit they recognize all the places they see on the show. My sister and brother-in-law from WI were at the Windjammer last week looking for Shep. These are grown adults. I like the show too. Never miss an episode. Can’t watch current events all the time. Need some kind of escape.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:06 PM

12,933 posts, read 18,787,237 times
They are playing last week’s episode tonight. I thought tonight was the season finale.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:16 PM

233 posts, read 413,278 times
Found this thread by accident.
I’ve only been to Charleston twice but I’d love to go back to find all the houses.
Love this show and it gets higher ratings than some of the Housewife franchises. The production quality is as good as season one Beverly Hills Housewives.
Love it for the music, gorgeous scenery and a very hip vibe.
Love it for some of the characters. Thomas and Kathryn, Patricia, Whitney, the butler, lovely Cameron are must see TV for me. Thomas and Kathryn are a compelling soap opera with court records to back up the crazy.

Someone needs to develop a Southern charm city tour. I will come!

Old 07-14-2018, 01:37 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,106,177 times
The first season I found mildly entertaining,their drama was kinda funny and it was cool seeing Charleston on a tv show and spots you know. After that it seems to be more of the same, characters are super dooshy and anyone who watches it probably loses 10 points off their IQ every episode they watch

Old 07-20-2018, 12:45 PM

230 posts, read 230,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Okay, I don't watch Southern Charm that much and don't know the names, but last Thursday while eating a hotdog in Costco WA, I saw the older lady that lives on Montague St. at Rutledge Ave. in the big house. (Think she's the mom to one of the guys in the show.)
Eating a hotdog/sausage dog or piazza there and her butler was there to cater to her.
Wow! I thought those guys were to high class to frequent such places as Costco.

Patricia posted this very moment on her Instagram! How funny you were there. I was thinking to myself how odd it was she would be eating a polish dog at Costco. (Do Costco's in SC have the polish dog still? TX got rid of them years ago. Washington state Costco's did away with them about a week ago and it's causing quite the internet upset.)

Old 07-22-2018, 07:29 PM

10,118 posts, read 7,788,407 times
That Ashley woman needs to go back to California. She is horrible.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:30 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,658,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_potion_darling View Post
Patricia posted this very moment on her Instagram! How funny you were there. I was thinking to myself how odd it was she would be eating a polish dog at Costco. (Do Costco's in SC have the polish dog still? TX got rid of them years ago. Washington state Costco's did away with them about a week ago and it's causing quite the internet upset.)
"How funny it was that 'I' was there"? I'm just a low income retired guy trying to make it on Soc. Sec. I eat there from time to time and love those polish dogs, but think they just got rid of them recently.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:35 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times
Unwatchable. Dreadful people.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:17 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,766,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Unwatchable. Dreadful people.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area