Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 07:00 PM

10,118 posts, read 7,788,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Lame. I’m going with the other story.

lol. I swear, I was going to say the same thing. I liked the other story better and want to believe that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 04:04 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,958,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
lol. I swear, I was going to say the same thing. I liked the other story better and want to believe that one.
I always think it’s a cop out to go with “it’s on old Indian word”. They know very well we’re not up on our ancient Muscogee language skills so we’d believe anything.
The island does not look anything like a ”sharp feather” and even if it did, the natives wouldn’t know that unless they had a drone or Google maps. I’m calling BS.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:01 PM

230 posts, read 230,772 times
Creeping this thread from another state -- I will admit I watch this show for about 50% of the shots of the location and local places featured. So much so, it has inspired me to plan a 4 day trip down to Charleston this spring. The history mentioned on the show piqued my interest! It seems like it would be a great part of the country to visit to dive into the history. I have explored the vast majority of America by roadway, but the southeastern coastline has always evaded me. Looking forward to it.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:38 PM

12,933 posts, read 18,787,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_potion_darling View Post
Creeping this thread from another state -- I will admit I watch this show for about 50% of the shots of the location and local places featured. So much so, it has inspired me to plan a 4 day trip down to Charleston this spring. The history mentioned on the show piqued my interest! It seems like it would be a great part of the country to visit to dive into the history. I have explored the vast majority of America by roadway, but the southeastern coastline has always evaded me. Looking forward to it.
Great to hear! Craig sure dropped the ball on Thursday’s episode. The shots of the city and surrounding area are the main draw of the show for me, but I also follow the characters. I’ve never missed an episode. I also watch Southern Charm Savannah. Enjoy your visit!

Old 06-24-2018, 08:27 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,949,923 times
I mostly DVR the show and watch later it in Fast Forward -- just for the background shots of our Fair City.

IMO, they're not really likable folks. Thomas is a Cad, the other guys seem to have rotating hissy fits with each other. The girls on the show are gorgeous, but all seem very high maintenance. Ravenel's Baby Mama is always 1 wrong word from a meltdown.

This Bunch ain't Seinfeld, or even Friends.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:30 AM

12,933 posts, read 18,787,237 times
I do feel like I'm following mostly a ring of losers who think they're all that when I watch, but I don't plan on ever missing an episode.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:51 AM

10,118 posts, read 7,788,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
I mostly DVR the show and watch later it in Fast Forward -- just for the background shots of our Fair City.

IMO, they're not really likable folks. Thomas is a Cad, the other guys seem to have rotating hissy fits with each other. The girls on the show are gorgeous, but all seem very high maintenance. Ravenel's Baby Mama is always 1 wrong word from a meltdown.

This Bunch ain't Seinfeld, or even Friends.

They seem to date mostly each other. lol Kathryn has been around the block the most. She has slept with Thomas, Shep, Craig and Whitney. lol

I hate to ask, but is Thomas and Kathryn's boy a special needs child?

Old 06-29-2018, 02:09 PM

230 posts, read 230,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
I do feel like I'm following mostly a ring of losers who think they're all that when I watch, but I don't plan on ever missing an episode.

HAHA, spot on!

Old 07-01-2018, 05:26 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,658,098 times
Okay, I don't watch Southern Charm that much and don't know the names, but last Thursday while eating a hotdog in Costco WA, I saw the older lady that lives on Montague St. at Rutledge Ave. in the big house. (Think she's the mom to one of the guys in the show.)
Eating a hotdog/sausage dog or piazza there and her butler was there to cater to her.
Wow! I thought those guys were to high class to frequent such places as Costco.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:15 AM

42 posts, read 41,118 times
I just saw an episode for the first time. Too many douchebags. Hard pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area