Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 PM

10,118 posts, read 7,788,407 times

Advertisements

Ohhhh, I like that song Prince of Tides. Makes me want to go boating out on the ocean. Thanks for posting it. Anything by Jimmy buffet or Zac Brown Band is good while on the ocean.

A while back we tried to find Thomas's plantation by water. We were unsuccessful but weren't really trying THAT hard. We were just thinking maybe we'd run into it.

Glad that Kathryn and Thomas live close by each other for the kids sake. I agree, they are out and away from temptations and Daniel Island is a good fit for them. Can't stand that Ashley girl. I would not want her being my nurse. She is pretty but that's about it. She just wants Thomas's money and to have a child with him. I heard they were still dating. She's probably still around just to spice up the show.

I've driven by Patricia's house and yep, you can't really see it for the fence. I was thinking Cameron's house was at the Isle of Palms for some reason. I really had no idea but just figured it was.

Can't stand how Naomi treats Craig. Love Cameron....my favorite. Cameron seems to be the most normal of them all and she's got a great personality. Her husband's dad was also a doctor. The Wimberlys used to live on President Circle in Sville many years ago and he would make rounds at Trident Hosp. I don't know if they still live there or not.

Interesting about the name St. Julian Ravenel. I really like that name but had no idea where it came from.

What about that JD Madison? Look him up int he Chas public records and he has quite a few records. He has had some financial issues to say the least.

Interesting that Chelsea (maybe) and Cameron also worked at Gwynns. I don't go to Mt Pleasant much but do remember seeing Gwynns. I figured it was a higher end store. Funny how Kathryn and Ashley bought the same dress but different colors.

Watch What did Kathryn think about Patricia taking Ashley shopping? | Southern Charm Videos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,658,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
The show is a slap in the face to the people of the lowcountry!

IT SUCKS!!!
Agree!

Old 06-11-2018, 05:55 PM

12,933 posts, read 18,787,237 times
I have never missed an episode. The shots of the city and area are 72% of why I watch.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,425,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Jimmy Buffet sings about Daufuaskie Island is the song “Prince of Tides”. That’s where I first heard of it.

My grandfathers family owned a 'cabin' on Daufuskie ..... pretty much for fishing and hunting .... my grandmother told me the English had named the island...The First Cay (Key)...since its the first sea island north of Beaufort... pronounced as it is today due to the Gullah folks thinking that was its name that the English were saying.

No idea how true the story is ... but its still fun.

Last edited by cynic1; 06-11-2018 at 10:28 PM..

Old 06-12-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post
My grandfathers family owned a 'cabin' on Daufuskie ..... pretty much for fishing and hunting .... my grandmother told me the English had named the island...The First Cay (Key)...since its the first sea island north of Beaufort... pronounced as it is today due to the Gullah folks thinking that was its name that the English were saying.

That just has to be true. I'm getting some local education in this thread. Thanks for sharing that.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
The show is a slap in the face to the people of the lowcountry!

IT SUCKS!!!
Agreed!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:05 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,958,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic1 View Post

That makes total sense now that you bring it up.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:39 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
Sounds neat, but probably not true:

For thousands of years early humans called Daufuskie Island home, as evidenced by ancient piles of discarded oyster shells exhibiting pottery shards from all phases of the hunter gathering period. Prior to European arrival numerous Indian tribes inhabited the Lowcountry and islands. Culturally and linguistically these tribes were of Muskogean stock. Daufuskie comes from the Muscogee language and means "sharp feather", for the island's distinctive shape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daufuskie_Island

Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,958,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Sounds neat, but probably not true:

For thousands of years early humans called Daufuskie Island home, as evidenced by ancient piles of discarded oyster shells exhibiting pottery shards from all phases of the hunter gathering period. Prior to European arrival numerous Indian tribes inhabited the Lowcountry and islands. Culturally and linguistically these tribes were of Muskogean stock. Daufuskie comes from the Muscogee language and means "sharp feather", for the island's distinctive shape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daufuskie_Island
Lame. I’m going with the other story.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:55 PM

When Southern Charm first started, we stayed at a house on Beaufain house sitting and while there we did a lot of walking. I suggested we go find T Rav's house on Church St. At the time he was living at 24 Church St.

He had already moved out of this house when we went looking for it. It was gorgeous. They were remodeling inside when we were there.

We were tourists in our own town taking pics of window boxes and the different homes.

Here's the link to the house on Beaufain...love all his homes.

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...n-street-house
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone still watching Souther Charm?-travs-house.jpg   Anyone still watching Souther Charm?-travshouse.jpg   Anyone still watching Souther Charm?-travhouse1.jpg  

Last edited by diddlydudette; 06-12-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area