Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 8,747 times

Advertisements

This is a master list of places to play basketball in the Charleston area. It is very incomplete. Please add goals and courts that you know.

OK, it's time for those who play basketball to fess up...

I haven't found great information on playing basketball in the Charleston area, so hopefully this can serve as a good resource for others searching for where the pick-up games are. Numerous threads on this topic have gone unanswered, so perhaps describing it as a "resource list" might give the thread some legs.

If you add to the list, please add a link if possible that gives more info or shows where it is on a map.

Mount Pleasant
*There's 2 outdoor courts in Old Village at 118 Royall Avenue at the Boys and Girls Club
*There's a court at the Jones Center around Belle Hall neighborhood at 391 Egypt Road. More information can be found here: Mount Pleasant Recreation Department Online - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
*There are supposedly courts at the Park West Rec Center at 1251 Park West Blvd. but I have not verified this Mount Pleasant Recreation Department Online - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
*There's a court off Needlebrush Parkway right before you get to Palmetto County Park entrance, but it may be belong to an apartment complex, so may not be "public" to all. It looks very public and usable, but they seem to post signs that they only want their complex using it. It has been empty nearly every time I have seen it and is very tempting.
*I think there is an outdoor court off York Road in Mt Pleasant

This list is mainly just culled from other random bits of info I have found online, so this is just rehashed information and nothing new you can't find for yourself. Therefore, what this thread needs is some new contributions. Much appreciated. Where I moved from the YMCA dominated the basketball pick-up circuit, but down here it's harder to find where the games are if you are new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 10:09 AM

313 posts, read 709,071 times
Bee's Ferry Recreation Center - West Ashley. Has open courts a couple of times a week (check website). $15 membership for the whole year is required. I have played a couple games over there, but not a lot of people know about it yet so its kind of hit or miss. Brand new facility.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 8,747 times
I've heard of a church downtown with pickup ball, but I can't remember the name of it. I think it was Saint Mary's. Anyone know which one this could be?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 AM

780 posts, read 1,542,152 times
Bethany United Methodist Church has basketball pick-up games on Sunday afternoon. 873-7261

They also have adult volleyball games.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,640 times
yup bethany in summerville on sunday first 15 members
downtown charleston hazel park half court crowded on sunday but not too bad on sat.
downtown summerville ymca court outside small full court but gets crowded
goose creek old moncks corner rd. small full court, crowded but good runs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area