Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You will change your mind when she picks up her second Oscar for the Clint Eastwood directed Changeling.
It is very easy to be an actress when all of the emotions that you have to portray are "over the top" such as panic, fear, anger, etc., which I understand is pretty much how it is in the Changeling (I have not seen the movie, only clips of it). However, it is much harder to be a good actress when you are forced to play subtle or normal every day emotions convincingly.

I'm sure Angelina does a credible job with her part in this movie, however, I think if you put her in a less flamboyant role she does not have the acting skills that would make it interesting or even credible. Charlize Theron. Now THAT is one heck of an actress. Yes, she too plays the "over the top" roles well, but her low-key performances are fantastic too. Same with Renee Zellweger.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 AM

173 posts, read 591,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sarah Jessica Parker. The woman cannot act her way out of a paper bag, and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
Sarah Jessica Parker is also my #1 choice, easily. I can't watch anything she's in; can't figure out why people consider her a star. All the others already mentioned I'd also heartily agree with: Drew Barrymore, Kirsten Dunst, Demi Moore. If they're in a movie I pass it up, won't even waste my time.
I'd also throw Meg Ryan in this category, along with the Olsen twins, Kate Hudson, Jennifer Jason Leigh & Jennifer Aniston.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillscoggin View Post
all those listed above and also julia roberts.

Living proof mister ed had an affair with mary tyler moore.
:d

Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,740 times
Only ONE person brought up Denise Richards??? She is AWFUL (well, at acting at least).

Keira Knightely is also pretty bad. Her bottom jaw also annoys the heck out of me.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,887 times
Jessica Alba. I find her 'acting' atrocious.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:12 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,490 times
ohhh,How in the world can i forget about JENIFER ANISTON!!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 AM

956 posts, read 3,001,650 times
I was flipping through channels this evening and saw part of that Cindy Crawford action movie -- now she's got to be one of the worst big screen actors ever.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Agree with most every mention so far. Let me add:

Melanie Griffith
Katie Holmes
Mindy Cohn

Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Agree with most every mention so far. Let me add:

Melanie Griffith
Katie Holmes
Mindy Cohn

Geez, Mindy Cohn?? We're really reaching here, huh?
I agree-I remember how on 'Facts of Life' whenever she or someone else said something funny, you could see she was trying desperately not to laugh.
Out of everyone on that show, Nancy McKeon was the best actor, so I was'nt surprised when she was the only one who ended up a big star.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:08 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Geez, Mindy Cohn?? We're really reaching here, huh?
I agree-I remember how on 'Facts of Life' whenever she or someone else said something funny, you could see she was trying desperately not to laugh.
Out of everyone on that show, Nancy McKeon was the best actor, so I was'nt surprised when she was the only one who ended up a big star.
What you just described (her trying to supress her laughter when Tootie said something funny) is EXACTLY why she STILL comes to mind after all these years. If we can talk about Tori Spelling, we can talk about Mindy too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities